Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thank you forum moderators

For creating this horrible mess, throwing together Linux and Windows, English and German forums. No information could be found now, if you want any... epic win.

QQ much? Search function still works...

we try to focus on ts3, so someone thought it might me cool to merge all this old crap, how cool that really is, we all know now.

for future we dont want german posts here... (at least for now).

Perfect... just like Blizzard, you abandoned everything that has been made in last ten years. Why not just delete it all then, as you so focused on TS3?
    At least separate Linux and Windows as they are totally unrelevant... well, it's a scream in the void. You killed TS2 forums, that the truth that won't be reverted...

whatever, i dont feed you anymore.

Where is your problem?
    When u have a Problem u use the Search-Function. When u don't find a thread that helps u post a new one in the right (Sub-)Forum.
    It doesn't matter if Windows or Linux are sepperatet or not, except you search the Forums by Hand for your problem.

The ugly truth is: TeamSpeak 2 will be obsolete by saturday (actually is has been for years). Everything that needs to be said about TS2 has been said. Every possible question has been asked. And you'll still be able to find the old postings using the search function.

I've decided to merge all the forums and re-build the forums search index for three key reasons:

1. The TeamSpeak team is trying to focus on TS3 now and TS2 will no longer be officially supported as soon as the final TS3 release is available.
    2. The forums search index was a real mess so it was pretty hard to find the right answers for your questions anyway.
    3. Most of the questions were posted in the wrong forums or in the general client and server forums so the moderators had to spend a lot of time to move the postings in the right place (most of these postings were made by german users btw).

Merging the Windows and Linux forums too might not have been the best decision I ever made but I take full responsibility (and your flames) for it.

Well, it's kinda harsh to wipe out the german board. After years of people using the german board to get help in the language they know, they now need to either learn english or visit 3rd party forums to ask their questions. Don't get me wrong but it sounds like "Learn english or f*** off." Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by flowkriss View Post
    Well, it's kinda harsh to wipe out the german board. After years of people using the german board to get help in the language they know, they now need to either learn english or visit 3rd party forums to ask their questions. Don't get me wrong but it sounds like "Learn english or f*** off." Just my two cents.
    you should read before you post, we dont wiped out anything

How much german people are not able to speak/write one english word or sentence?

Your english does not need to be the best, but there are several good tools in the internet, which can translate german words to the english equivalents (and I don't mean to translate the whole post with the google tools or the like).

Nobody will be lynched, if he makes two or three mistakes in his post (they weren't if there were some in their german posts ).

And as Ralf or Sven already have posted, perhaps there will be german subforums in the future when the first dust has settled.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    you should read before you post, we dont wiped out anything
    The board doesn't exist anymore, someone mentioned that you don't want german posts anymore, for me it's wiped out even if the posts still exist. You said you want to focus on Teamspeak 3, you expect alot of threads once it's released, keeping the old german posts regarding Teamspeak 2 doesn't help the german users when it comes to Teamspeak 3 issues, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    How much german people are not able to speak/write one english word or sentence?

Your english does not need to be the best, but there are several good tools in the internet, which can translate german words to the english equivalents (and I don't mean to translate the whole post with the google tools or the like).

Nobody will be lynched, if he makes two or three mistakes in his post (they weren't if there were some in their german posts ).

And as Ralf or Sven already have posted, perhaps there will be german subforums in the future when the first dust has settled.

You posted while i was typing ^^

Sure I understand that, I don't meant to be an ass here moaning about it. I'm just curious why it has been deleted, there is a post on german regarding this but it lacks a proper reason. It worked the whole time in both languages, why can't it work in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by ScP
    The forums search index was a real mess so it was pretty hard to find the right answers for your questions anyway.
    Most of the questions were posted in the wrong forums or in the general client and server forums so the moderators had to spend a lot of time to move the postings in the right place (most of these postings were made by german users btw).
    We expect a barrage of questions after the release date.

So it will be very hard to answer all the questions. And it would be much harder, if every question needs to be answered in two different languages as well.

Yes, it makes sense now. Thank you for clearing it up.

It's weird and rare, but I agree with the mods on this. sry ANR

OT> can't wait to see those moderated channels there at "party time" :]

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    We expect a barrage of questions after the release date.

So it will be very hard to answer all the questions. And it would be much harder, if every question needs to be answered in two different languages as well.
    And the reality is that Teamspeak is a global tool so where do you draw the line? do you have a sub forum for every language around the world?

I respect the fact that Teamspeak has it's roots in Germany but at some point a decision needs to be made one way or the other, and the TS3 roll-out happens to be it in this instance it seems.

AB

Thread Information