Forum


Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Tts?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    172

    Tts?

    Will TS3 have TTS so that when someone connects to the server or disconnects you can hear their name spoken? And what about switching from channel to channel... if I am in for example AFK channel and someone joins that channel, will I hear "so-n-so has joined the channel"?

    That was one annoying thing about TS2, that you never knew when someone came into the channel you were in, if you were ingame or something... unless you minimized to look and or went into a passworded server... which of course any admin could still join without havin to know the password.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    23

    problem

    one problem that i see with this is the fact of spammers. Anyone that has run a server knows there is always a way to get around the filters put into place and if i heard a persons name when they joined it leaves open the possiblity that you could have dirty names join and it anounce them. Just something to think about. I know that you can black list bad names in some scripts you can run but these lists are only as good as the information put in and to think of any possible bad name would be impossible.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    June 2002
    Location
    Krün / Germany
    Posts
    1,638
    ts3 will support tts and you can also define what you hear or what not...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    england
    Posts
    33
    2 days woohoo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    172
    Yea 2 days will not go by quick enough and for me it could be more then 2... cause my provider isn't offering upgrading from TS2 to TS3 until they are positive its all running properly on their servers. Im hoping within a few hours of cranking them up, that they enable the option to upgrade... if not I may be forced to download the server and client and run it from my own machine so I can play with it

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXimus View Post
    Yea 2 days will not go by quick enough and for me it could be more then 2... cause my provider isn't offering upgrading from TS2 to TS3 until they are positive its all running properly on their servers. Im hoping within a few hours of cranking them up, that they enable the option to upgrade... if not I may be forced to download the server and client and run it from my own machine so I can play with it
    yea i have my home server all set up waiting to go to try out ts3 beta. If everything goes well for a week or so i may decide to swap out my main ts2 server for ts3

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by ***R.A.G.E.*** View Post
    leaves open the possiblity that you could have dirty names join and it anounce them.
    My entire clan is over 30 and when we used "another" program... we were all joining with silly and dirty names... was funny as anything and must have done it for about a half hour straight lol.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Across the street
    Posts
    216
    It's nice that TTS is available now, but I must confess.... I find TTS exceedingly annoying. I don't care when someone joins/leaves/quits.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    172
    I would assume there would be options to disable all of it or just what you want. Personally I like knowing when someone and who that someone is that comes into a channel I am in... I don't typically tend to talk bad about my own members (unless they deserve it lol) but to know when too shut up or who to say hello to when they come is, is a nice feature.

    The only annoying thing I hate with the competitions software is the option to send a message to the entire server... now the messaging in TTS isnt the annoying part... it was the fact that it couldnt be restricted from certain channels. If TS3 is planning a similiar feature... I hope channels can be created that can mute that option.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Posts
    275
    When using the TTS sound pack (like with any other sound pack), you can configure what events will cause the alerts to be played.

    If you are not subscribed to a channel, you will not hear any events related to that channel.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Across the street
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by maggy View Post
    When using the TTS sound pack (like with any other sound pack), you can configure what events will cause the alerts to be played.

    If you are not subscribed to a channel, you will not hear any events related to that channel.
    I understand that TTS can be enabled and disabled. Sorry that what I wrote above doesn't convey that, hehe, but I was merely trying to say how I find TTS annoying.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S. Excreta View Post
    It's nice that TTS is available now, but I must confess.... I find TTS exceedingly annoying. I don't care when someone joins/leaves/quits.
    Word!

    In eve-online we might be up to 800-1000 players on our ts at the most.. and then I do not care who joins or leaves.

    But is it a fact that the free version of TS3 only supports up to 512 players?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,718
    yup .................................................. ...................... (dots to fill limit)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    119
    Dang. Then it will not be an option for us... need to have more users than that...

    Oh well.. still use old TS2 for that then...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    June 2002
    Location
    Krün / Germany
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by mancert View Post
    Dang. Then it will not be an option for us... need to have more users than that...

    Oh well.. still use old TS2 for that then...
    the other option is to ask for a license... i am sure if you provide your guild homepage and we see you dont try to cheat us (like alot of morons out there) you will get something.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •