Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Will you or will you not make the video?

Or do you need to get paid to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by TBK0000 View Post
    Will you or will you not make the video?

Or do you need to get paid to do it?
    By 10.00 dollars, I'm talking about the physical stero cable that you need (or will need to buy) to make it happen. I don't make videos to get paid.
    Last edited by jlt1087; January 4th, 2010 at 12:45 AM.

So I can't stream, I'm gonna have to break out the ol' stereo cables?

Writing a plugin will be easier, then a mini-jack cable.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TBK0000 View Post
    Writing a plugin will be easier, then a mini-jack cable.
    ok so i the noob here so can you tell me in just 1 post how to do this

I set up teamspeak3 on a seperate computer from my main computer on my home network. Then I log into my game clans TS3 server with that computer (using a different name like "mystream" or something other than my normal TS3 login name) and stream from my winamp media player on that computer. It's really easy to do and it sounds great. There is a bit of tweeking to do in order to make it sound good but it works well with just a bit of fine tuning. It's important that the channel you are streaming in be set to a high bandwidth so that the sound quality is the best it can be though it will work with low bandwidth as well (just less quality). It is also useful to adjust the equalizer on winamp to get the sound just right.

On the second computer you just need to set the capture device, in TS3, to the playback device instead of a microphone then set it to continuous transmission instead of push to talk or voice activation. You could also set the capture device to line-in and plug in a seperate line level device if you wanted but a media player with a playlist works just fine. In other words, there is no need for cables and ipods if you have a media player and and know how to create playlists.

If the second computer has speakers and is anywhere near the computer you will be using to communicate on TS3 you will need to disable its speakers or turn them down so that they don't create a feedback loop when you key up the mic on your main computer. It's also a good idea to turn the voice and soundpack levels all the way to quiet on the streaming computer (lowest setting). This is because even though you are streaming from the second computer it is still hearing the client voices and voicepack messages. It will reproduce them and stream them back along with whatever sounds you are playing. This will cause an echo for the clients which will get annoying for them. If you turn those two settings all the way to quiet the computer will not reproduce client voices and soundpack messages and stream them back to the clients.

If you want to control the media player on the second computer from your main computer or even let other people control it you can get a program like Browseamp. (Which works with winamp but there may be other similar programs) This is useful as it allows you to change the music you are streaming from a remote location and it lets you set permissions so that you can control who is doing what and when.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BGen_JD8; January 4th, 2010 at 05:36 PM.

hmmm.......so there is no way to link a simple webradio to a TS3 channel ?

Very very sad.....

Maybe this will help you..

Try the Virtual Cables from Virtual Audio Cable(VAC) some time ago I use them, when i was starting my Web-radio.

This alternative is to have one computer with the radio stream and 2 TS3 Clients (One for the radio stream and the other for your personal use).

With the (VAC) you can set 1 client that will have as input audio the music from your MP3 player (Winamp, WMP, etc) and the second TS3 client can be set to the Mic.

Is a option, I'm sure you can download a demo from the website, to help you make the test. Hope this help you.

Regards,
    Areyna.
    Last edited by areyna; January 5th, 2010 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHB68 View Post
    hmmm.......so there is no way to link a simple webradio to a TS3 channel ?

Very very sad.....
    Sure you can stream web radio to a channel but you will have to do it through a TS3 client. You would just use your media player to play the web radio and dedicate a TS3 client to stream it. Though I have tried this and I have to say that the quality of the web radio goes down considerably when you restream it.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by areyna View Post
    Try the Virtual Cables from Virtual Audio Cable(VAC) some time ago I use them, when i was starting my Web-radio.

This alternative is to have one computer with the radio stream and 2 TS3 Clients (One for the radio stream and the other for your personal use).

With the (VAC) you can set 1 client that will have as input audio the music from your MP3 player (Winamp, WMP, etc) and the second TS3 client can be set to the Mic.

Is a option, I'm sure you can download a demo from the website, to help you make the test. Hope this help you.

Regards,
    Areyna.
    do i need to get a big bada$$ sound card so i can do the streaming thing ???

Quote Originally Posted by BGen_JD8 View Post
    ........though I have tried this and I have to say that the quality of the web radio goes down considerably when you restream it.
    ...and thats the problem.

i use a little program called Virtual Audio Cable on a second pc, that has ts3 client on it and have no problems at all.

with VAC you can do streaming almost any sounds if you can change sound device on a player,

or you can do crazy stuff like connecting two servers channel into one. (PODCAST) people might call you "sick"

^^
    *TS3 public server visitor*

Quote Originally Posted by reaper935 View Post
    do i need to get a big bada$$ sound card so i can do the streaming thing ???
    No, but download the free demo and try on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by BGen_JD8 View Post
    Sure you can stream web radio to a channel but you will have to do it through a TS3 client. You would just use your media player to play the web radio and dedicate a TS3 client to stream it. Though I have tried this and I have to say that the quality of the web radio goes down considerably when you restream it.
    Remember that TS3 is not intent for Radio Web Streaming. (at least I don't see it in that way)
    To have a good Web Radio Station, you need first one good Internet Connection, second you can use winamp Shoutcast or Sam BroadCaster to set your music and manage it, and third the stream server.

Think on this as well, when someone connect to your stream they eat a lot of his internet connection try to stream in 2 speeds that can be 40Kbs (less that FM but better that AM) and 64Kbs (Better that FM but less that CD)

The issue of quality is on the codec of the TS3, that are not made (at my point of view) for stream a Web Radio.

Good Day.
    Regards,
    Areyna

Thread Information