Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by areyna View Post
    Remember that TS3 is not intent for Radio Web Streaming. (at least I don't see it in that way)
    To have a good Web Radio Station, you need first one good Internet Connection, second you can use winamp Shoutcast or Sam BroadCaster to set your music and manage it, and third the stream server.

Think on this as well, when someone connect to your stream they eat a lot of his internet connection try to stream in 2 speeds that can be 40Kbs (less that FM but better that AM) and 64Kbs (Better that FM but less that CD)

The issue of quality is on the codec of the TS3, that are not made (at my point of view) for stream a Web Radio.

Good Day.
    Regards,
    Areyna
    i have 2 tb hd full of mixes and Music that i will like to play in my ts3 and the pc that i will be using don't have a sound card just the on-board sound that is why im asking if i need a bada$$ sound card or will the on-board sound work

The on-board will work, it's what I use.

Quote Originally Posted by BGen_JD8 View Post
    I set up teamspeak3 on a seperate computer from my main computer on my home network. Then I log into my game clans TS3 server with that computer (using a different name like "mystream" or something other than my normal TS3 login name) and stream from my winamp media player on that computer. It's really easy to do and it sounds great. There is a bit of tweeking to do in order to make it sound good but it works well with just a bit of fine tuning. It's important that the channel you are streaming in be set to a high bandwidth so that the sound quality is the best it can be though it will work with low bandwidth as well (just less quality). It is also useful to adjust the equalizer on winamp to get the sound just right.

On the second computer you just need to set the capture device, in TS3, to the playback device instead of a microphone then set it to continuous transmission instead of push to talk or voice activation. You could also set the capture device to line-in and plug in a seperate line level device if you wanted but a media player with a playlist works just fine. In other words, there is no need for cables and ipods if you have a media player and and know how to create playlists.

If the second computer has speakers and is anywhere near the computer you will be using to communicate on TS3 you will need to disable its speakers or turn them down so that they don't create a feedback loop when you key up the mic on your main computer. It's also a good idea to turn the voice and soundpack levels all the way to quiet on the streaming computer (lowest setting). This is because even though you are streaming from the second computer it is still hearing the client voices and voicepack messages. It will reproduce them and stream them back along with whatever sounds you are playing. This will cause an echo for the clients which will get annoying for them. If you turn those two settings all the way to quiet the computer will not reproduce client voices and soundpack messages and stream them back to the clients.

If you want to control the media player on the second computer from your main computer or even let other people control it you can get a program like Browseamp. (Which works with winamp but there may be other similar programs) This is useful as it allows you to change the music you are streaming from a remote location and it lets you set permissions so that you can control who is doing what and when.

Hope this helps.
    man i greatly appriciat your feedback. but if you could go into a little more detail about "how easy it is to connect winamp to the plug in part of ts3. i downloaded winamp for the first time right after i read your post. and i also see in ts3 where it list's in settings/plug in volume control... where it allows you to control your volume suppress rate for winamp, so i know ts3 supports winamp. but for someone that is brand spanking new to winamp and ts3, getting the 2 to connect as plug ins is a little bit baffling, and ive been sitting here for bout 3 1/2 hours now trying to fugure it out. it will be really sweet to play some tunes in the background when the clan plays. im just having trouble getting the 2 to hook up. i cant find where to add ts3 to the plug in list in winamp ....... please give a little help before i pull my hair out bro !!!!!!! thanx bunches !!!!

The winamp plugin is there to lower the volume of winamp locally when people are talking on a channel it has nothing to do with streaming. Just set your capture device to something other than microphone and make sure continuous transmission is set on. Then start up Winamp, play something and you are streaming. You don't need to do anything special to Winamp to make it work with TS3 just play it.

It may help to think of it this way, a capture device is capturing sound from something. Normally it would be your microphone since TS3 is primarily a voice communication program. However since your intent is to stream music you want to capture the sound your soundcard is producing instead of your microphone. If your soundcard is producing music you are playing on Winamp or Windows media player etc.. then you want to capture that and send it through TS3 continuously. Because you are not using a microphone to capture the sound but replacing the capture device with the souncard playback device you will not be able to talk on the computer you are streaming from. This is why I mentioned that you should set up one computer to stream and use another to talk on TS3.

*Edit - Now that I think about it, it's probably a good idea not to have the Winamp plugin running on the computer you are streaming from because it will most likely lower the volume on the streaming computer every time someone talks in the channel. I'm glad you mentioned the plugin because I hadn't even thought of that possibly happening. I'll have to test to see if that does indeed happen.
    Last edited by BGen_JD8; January 6th, 2010 at 08:42 AM.

Streaming in win 7

Well, I can say this. I have not been able to stream in windows 7 ultimate 64 bit using realtek HD onboard audio device. No matter what settings I use on the realtek sound card and on the TS3 Client. Will not show any of my output devices in the capture selection on TS. Now I was able to select my default mic for the realtek card being I use a blue-tooth wireless headset and it acts as its own sound card, and have it capture and play the sound through TS3 but its all distorted and low volume level. No matter what settings I choose. I don't know if this is a windows 7 issue or what but its rather annoying being I was able to do so in windows vista an TS2 with no problems before.

I am running Ts3 server beta 12 on my server machine and using Ts3 client beta 9 on my main machine.
    Using windows media player 12

Ts3 beta 12 server running on Windows server 2008 32 bit
    Ts3 beta 9 client running on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Exclamation Video tutorial

Like I said in a previous post, I would make a video explaining how to stream music using the method that I use. It's on youtube so if you're interested, watch it. I'll be happy to help anyone that tries using this method. It works great for me.

See video here

How to play music on TS, just with windows configuration

Requirements:
    "Dedicated PC" (since you can't also use it to "speaking" on TeamSpeak)
    Windows OS
    TeamSpeak 3 Client
    Some sort of sound card, doesn't matter how crappy

Guide:
    1. Start
    2. Control Panel
    3. Hardware and Sound
    4. Sound
    5. Recording tab
    6. Right Click inside the window and select "Show Disabled Devices"
    7. Enable your sound card
    8. Right click the sound card, select "Set as Default Device"
    9. Start TeamSpeak 3 Client
    10. Settings, Options (or Alt + P)
    11. Select the "Capture" tab
    12. Set it to "Continuous Transmission"
    13. Alter the "Capture Device" to your sound card
    14. Apply or OK
    15. Test it by logging on TS with another computer.
    16. Enjoy

I did it in Windows 7, you can see my configuration here:

BTW you should NEVER connect your audio output socket directly with your input socket. You risk frying your sound card or worse your motherboard.

I did the same thing that TBK0000 instructed and it works great...in fact it sounds better in the room on head phones than my systems speakers...anyway other people who enters the room get an echo. Muting the sound on the music client kills the music in the room.

Any idea how to have the music with out the echo?

The client that is streaming needs to go to settings > options > playback and lower "voice volume adjustment" and "sound pack volume" to the lowest setting. Neither of these will kill the streaming music. If that were the case my setup would not work but it does perfectly. What they do is remove the sound coming from other clients and the voice pack announcements from TS3 itself. Since there is a several millisecond delay between when a client speaks and when the streaming computer hears then reproduces that voice and sends it back to the client that made it they will hear an apparent echo. Simply removing those sounds eleminates the effect. As I said before, even though the client is streaming it is still hearing all the other clients and it will play those right along with the stream.
    Last edited by BGen_JD8; January 11th, 2010 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolt2k View Post
    I did the same thing that TBK0000 instructed and it works great...in fact it sounds better in the room on head phones than my systems speakers...anyway other people who enters the room get an echo. Muting the sound on the music client kills the music in the room.

Any idea how to have the music with out the echo?
    Try "Echo Reduction" or what BGen_JD8 suggested.

If the issue is other people speaking, then create a permission group for the "music player", and set the channel to it, so only the player can "speak".
    Last edited by TBK0000; January 11th, 2010 at 08:03 AM.

Just set needed talk power in that channel to 100. Then only give PC that has music playing in it speak power. That is what I did and it works great.

Have you all try to look there?:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=52809

Thread Information