Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Permission-system, how it work

Hello, first i will say sorry for my bad english, but i hope you understand my problem.

How work the right-system? Where user can register with server? Or what i have to do for this? And have anyone a document, where are the recent commands and permissions are explained?

Hope anyone can help me

Greetz,

the tigerle

At reply above, I've read the permissions document and I'm completely glazed over and I'm technically literate...

Would be nice to see a Full Documentation explained in "casual user" language.

Every User has hin own Key saved on his Computer.
    So his password and username in one Key.
    Then you can add him (the Key) in Groups. (Server Admin, Normal, ...etc)
    Then you can add rights to the Groups.

The point is still being missed here though.

In order to configure some permissions you need to have beyond Server Admin rights. There is no clear instructions as to how we're supposed to use the console to give ourselves said extra rights to manage groups efficiently (aka Server Owner rights).

Yes there is? Its in the docs for the server.

Quote Originally Posted by ravendizzle View Post
    Yes there is? Its in the docs for the server.
    Please do point out the exact paragraph...

As we're all failing to see it.

I have tried to change the permissions of my first account on the server into a full unlimited account. I just get errors..

After all of these years of coding TS3, I would have hoped that the coders at least documented what they were coding and put it into at least something for us.

I really don't care if its a polished pdf with pretty pictures, just something as to the basics. It was painfully obvious that this question would come up.

The server docs do not cover 1/10th of this software.

Not all of us are telnet wizards. So because we are having trouble grasping the issue, how about explaining it instead of telling us to search what we already read and couldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA-Shadow View Post
    The server docs do not cover 1/10th of this software.

Not all of us are telnet wizards. So because we are having trouble grasping the issue, how about explaining it instead of telling us to search what we already read and couldn't understand.
    +1 it's true.

We were very much looking forward to getting TS3 set up and in use by clan members for today but the permissions system is proving to be such a challenge that I went and reinstalled TS2 today (after un-installing it last night).

Quote Originally Posted by jwevrsn View Post
    Please do point out the exact paragraph...

As we're all failing to see it.
    in the Server Files in "Doc" Folder there is the Text-File "token-guide.txt"

in this document, follow §4:

(4) Step by step: Becoming Administrator on your own server using tokens

so i became Server-Admin rights on my Server

Quote Originally Posted by astmaih View Post
    in the Server Files in "Doc" Folder there is the Text-File "token-guide.txt"

in this document, follow §4:

(4) Step by step: Becoming Administrator on your own server using tokens

so i became Server-Admin rights on my Server
    So did I...

but as I posted previously:

The point is still being missed here though.

In order to configure some permissions you need to have beyond Server Admin rights. There is no clear instructions as to how we're supposed to use the console to give ourselves said extra rights to manage groups efficiently (aka Server Owner rights).
    From FAQ

I am a Server Admin but still cannot access everything because of insufficient permissions.
    In the default permission configuration some settings are not available to Server Admins. You can add yourself those permissions using the ServerQuery interface. Those permissions are meant to be limited to the server owner.
    The permissions system is very flexible, if you dislike the default settings you can anytime adjust the defaults to your liking by modifying the server template groups. The deployed default settings are what we consider useful.
    Don't like them? Change them. Please see the permissions documentation for details

It is still very unclear as to exactly how to set yourself as owner of a server. So... instead of the people saying "it's easy" over and over, why not prove how easy it is and give us a clear and useful example?

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. Excreta View Post
    It is still very unclear as to exactly how to set yourself as owner of a server. So... instead of the people saying "it's easy" over and over, why not prove how easy it is and give us a clear and useful example?
    I don't think the know themselves

Yeah come on you "easy claimers"

Sometimes less is more. The rights system is far too complex and unclearly. Is there no German documentation? The rights management at Shockvoice for example, is perfectly. Simple, clear, intuitive. But this is a bad joke! I know, we're still in beta, but please change anything there.

Edit: thx for deleting my german post, after this post. I understand that you only help in english at this time in beta, but my english is not so good that i post my question to the problems. I'd have hoped for more tolerance from their side. www.playingfield.de continues to use Shockvoice at this time. For us, TeamSpeak is not currently acceptable
    Last edited by playingfield.ae; December 20th, 2009 at 05:58 PM.

Thread Information