Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Something even more confusing now to me....

I went into the Server Admin group config and under the "Needed client kick power" I removed the permission. Now when I go to add it back it, the lady says error and it won't let me put 75 back in.

I tried it on a few other permissions on lower groups. If I remove anything that deals with client permissions it will not allow me to add it back.

Also, when a guest enters the server, they have powers to kick admins. wtf...

Pain in the neck isn't it...

I'm in via telnet into the server query... I can see myself writing out a big list of instructions for people on how to enable full permissions...

That is, once I work it out myself!

The permission system is a nightmare. Someone stated earlier "sometimes less is more" and I couldn't agree more with that statement. This is a complete nightmare to set up.

I've had enough of fiddling around with permissions tonight.

Even managed to lock myself out of a few permissions! Woo.

Way too complicated, needs to be addressed.

Thats the problem. If you as a server admin modify anything, it won't let you change it back.

For instance, If you remove Kick powers from normal users and try to add it back..it just says error and removes your value. So since I edited my admin group to see if I could elevate them higher and make a sub admin group, for some damn reason I can't set admin group back to 75. Now guests can kick admins..lmao

I hope some how to will be posted soon.

I tried to allow guest to make only sub channels without the option to create channel but it does not work.

I think MySQL is a must for the present beta.

At least then I imagine you can just edit the database value easily via phpMyAdmin instead of the whole telnet-ting thing.

I'll try to get that working tomorrow despite a lot of MySQL doesn't work at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jwevrsn View Post
    The point is still being missed here though.

In order to configure some permissions you need to have beyond Server Admin rights. There is no clear instructions as to how we're supposed to use the console to give ourselves said extra rights to manage groups efficiently (aka Server Owner rights).
    You can get all permissions in the teamspeak client by adding yourself to the Admin Server Query group (sgid 2), but if you screw up permissions in there you might not be able to fix them through telnet anymore. This is a rather hacky way ofcourse, and it would be better to make a new server group and add the permissions manually. But if you want to do it anyway run the following commands in the ServerQuery.

Code:
    login serveradmin <serveradminpass>
    use <virtual server id>
    servergroupaddclient sgid=2 cldbid=<client database id>
    The default virtual server id is 1. And you can get the client database id from the Client Permission screen or you can list them with the clientdblist ServerQuery command.

Results in error 256 and 1539

msg=parameter\snot\sfound

Ah..that worked for me PhenixPower...thanks

Thread Information