Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Tts...

Tts...

1 - Well for starters I want to say I like the TTS but wish there was a way to change the phonetic in channel names. Some channels aren't spoken very clearly and tinkering with the actual phonetic would have helped in this area as well as for abbreviated channels like HQ and having the phonetic "Head Quarters".

2 - Running Win7 Ultimate 64bit and Soundblaster Fatality Pro I seem to lose all TTS after switching channels a few times and had to leave the server and come back for it to work again... and of course it would happen again after a few switches. Ended up changing the Compatability Mode to Vista Service Pack 2 and all seems fine now.

3 - Seems the "Expand all channels on login" is borked. Doesn't expand unless I hit the "Glance Into All Channels". Even attempted to change the "Expand channels up to this level" and still nothing.

4. Banner needs to be setup so that it will auto resize the image depending upon the clients window size (of course up to a max and down to a min acceptable level)

5 - IMHO the permissions system seems WAY overkill and highly confusing... maybe if someone could document it, in a way that us normal folk could understand it... would be very helpful.

Question: Is the Set Phonetic Nickname broken? When I try and input anything in there, it goes "red" and won't let me change it.

Ok TTS is borked... it just stopped working again as well as a clan mate uses Vista 32 bit and his is doing the same thing... stops working and have to disconnect/connect to get it working again every time it happens.

I have to agree with MaXXimus...
    especially to bullet 5: It's really confusing... maybe not for the devs because the worked with it the entire time.
    I was confused and I still don't really know how to use it properly right now...

EDIT: Default TTS is whats borked... using the callie voice is fine but then you don't hear any of the users name or channel names. Hopefully this can be fixed, cause I hate to have to switch back to Vent... but I like my TTS too much to do without.

Try this for the tts

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showpost....66&postcount=3

its working for me but this ist 64r time i think . when ou have german chan names , changes this to english, its better

Misfire

Thats already what I am using, but after a few minutes or so... it stops working. So thats a Windows 7 64bit and Windows Vista 32bit having the same problem. So nobody else experiencing this issue? Or is everyone using the horrible sounding callie voice?

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXimus View Post
    Question: Is the Set Phonetic Nickname broken? When I try and input anything in there, it goes "red" and won't let me change it.
    Click the "help" in Set Phonetic Nickname. You'll come to a site that shows you how it works.

Instead of me typing Zero in the phonetic nickname, it's z er 1 ow

How do you setup the banner, that it resizes automatically and what are the dimensions/specs for the banner with the new TS3?

How can I use phonetic names for channelnames? I only know how to setup a phonetic name for my nickname!

not yet. Don't have the option for that right now.

Thread Information