Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarlo View Post
    I know that my bandwidth is no where near the limits, nor is the servers or anyone else's on vent. It's strange.
    I do believe i read somewhere it is recommended to not use Vent and ts3 at the same time.

Same issue here. The quality just isn't want it should be. Hopefully a patch will address this soon, because as it is teamspeak 2 sounds better.

everything works fine for me..

also i am hosting a server on my pc

and on a sucky internet

But it works perfect and i can play in games just fine and hear people.

works perfect... i am not sure what your problems are.

edit: also on the leading voip at the same time.. with sound and binds muted of course.. due to problems with windows 7.

Our problems have already been described, the reason for them however we dont know.

It has nothing to do with poor internet connection, neither on client nor server side as other people have trouble with.

Does anyone know if this problem still persists? I've not seen anything in the changelog about it and so neither does any of us still have ts3 installed

Quote Originally Posted by dacsther View Post
    Does anyone know if this problem still persists? I've not seen anything in the changelog about it and so neither does any of us still have ts3 installed
    I'm still seeing these issues.

Running it on a Dual core server with 4 GB ram, its running on VMware in a Ubuntu 9.10 host, the server also runs a low volume automated mail server, 5-10 messages per day. I also run (But currently disabled) a VM for Left 4 Dead1 and a VM running Left 4 Dead 2.

There are no memory issues or CPU issues currently, the server is attached to a 50MB connection.

Thumbs down TS3 sound Problems

I recently loaded TS3 and all seemed okay.
    However, when I was on-line with clan member is UK (I'm in US) all speech for me was garbled. At the time there was a total of five (5) users.

I had better performance with TS2 as long as I had a clean machine and there was only one other on TS2. As soon as a new member was on-line I would always get distortion. This was predominetly with a certain user but always with two or more active users.

I am on dial-up (a slow connection) but with TS2 I did not have a lot of problems. Even so when I am on-line with US users the sound has been very good.

I have not tried to change anything other that mic and speaker volumes and nothing seem to help.

Any suggestion (other that get hi-speed, which I can't where I am located) would be greatly appreciated.

Angry

Update to my last entry...
    I was/am running FS9 and TS3.
    A clan pilot is running FSX and TS3.
    We both are on the same TS3 server and he is in Germany and is on hi-speed internet and I am on dial-up (I am in the US) but from what I hear from him is that he and I are having the same problems.

I don't think is our equipment they both worked fine with TS2.

Does anyone know what I could check to find a solution?

Thanks,

Gunk76

If you want to contact me directly by e-mail it is [email protected]
    Last edited by gunk76; February 8th, 2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: add to post

Quote Originally Posted by dacsther View Post
    We experienced the same problem and found it so annoying that we switched back to the ts2 server for the time being.

People would talk normally then the volume would go up or down, the sound become garbled (usually when they first started talking). This happened with every codec and quality setting, even tried continous transmission to no avail.

Other than the sound troubles i'm already in love with ts3
    Excatly the same problem what we are having with my my m8s.. Bummer

Guys TS3 is has great features and works fine for up to aprox 6-8 users, after that i start getting issue no matter what codec i use.

If we could get some sort of buffering in TS3 then i think that should fix a lot of issues here.

People posting here with dialup are waisting valueable reading space,
    I have a faster than arverage adsl2+ connection although i noticed my upload speed is not as quick as the download speed of other people i have tested, my internet speed test is as follows.
    download speed: 10Mb/s on average
    upload speed: 0.65Mb/s on average

I also ran a network monitor on my server and notice TS3 did use a fair about of data particularly on the upload but i accidently clear the counters.
    I will post this data on my next post.

The question I have for everyone is where is your server? Hosted locally (friend, guild/clan member) or rented?

Second question, are you currently using the most current version of the client/server?

Hey,

the "robotic sounds" issue means that there is voice data missing, and being replaced by
    these robotic sounds (because gaps of silence would sound even worse). There is many
    ways sound data can be missing, but there are two groups:

a) sound data is actually missing, you can see this in the connection info of either the
    transmitting or the receiving client (on the voice tab, packet loss). This is often seen on
    wireless connections with a bad connection, only x % of the packets make it through the
    bad connection. It can also be caused by a highly overloaded network line, be it on the
    transmitting clients upload, the servers up or download or the receiving clients download
    side. It can also be a problem with one of the routers along the route the voice data is transmitted.

b) sound data is not missing, so connection info on both receiving and transmitting client shows
    0% packetloss - but, the sound data arrives too late and can't be played because of that. This is
    most frequently a problem of the client or server bandwidth, you should also notice high ping and
    ping deviation values.

One big difference between TS2 and TS3 is, that TS3 is geared more towards todays Cable/DSL
    lines, allowing TS3 to gain a significantly lower latency in transmission. TS2 was geared towards
    Modems and ISDN, and logically has much more conservative settings. If you have a very low end
    internet connection, this can be your problem - I have heard complaints from users using
    "DSL Light" and of course those that still have Modems. To fix this problem there will be a special
    Higher Latency/Less Bandwidth setting that I am currently working on in future releases, that way
    you can make TS3 behave exactly like TS2 with regards to bandwidth consumption, which should
    make those few with very low end internet lines happy too.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Regarding Sound quality in TS 3 my suggestions are:

Disengage backround noise filter: see here

and use Ultrawideband 32KHz /w Q=10= 7.5Kilobyte upload

If itīs still crappy i repeat what peter said:

1. missing packets in the datastream (caused by low bandwidth like ISDN or DSL light)
    2. low quality Headsets
    3. often/mostly!! low quality microphone

Thread Information