Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The faq doesnt provide a solution; unless you are indicating support should be contacted?

I have exactly the same issue;

windows 7 64-bit ultimate machine, on fiber, all necessary ports opened. (9987, 10011, 30011)

I am also having this same problem. In beta1 it only lasted about an hour. In beta2, I managed to go about 14 hours. In my logs I keep seeing things like this:

2009-12-21 14:49:55.456968|ERROR |Accounting | | failed to update accounting service

I've just added http://accounting.teamspeak.com to my trusted sites on my server, so hopefully it may find it next time it checks.

Any other ideas that we can try?

Thank R. Ludwig for the mentioning of the FAQ, but all the ports are turned on and I do have clients connecting to the server but for some reason it shutsdown after x amount of time for no reason. Even when people are talking on the server it shutsdown. I know this is a beta and as I said I love the product only trying to provide information so maybe someone can give us an answer or an idea of what could be causing the problem. The FAQ didnt answer the problem for us.

I dont know if the accounting error has anything to do with it I have seen other logs on servers that works and they have same error in the log.

I just dont know why the server kicks clients and shuts down, for what reasons would the server shut down. Is there anything in the server that would do that internally or externally. The log doesnt answer why it shut down to begin with.

Swede73: come to voice.teamspeak.com and contact me in the SWEDE73 COME HERE channel.

I'm having the exact same problem with my server. All ports are open, and working, and I have a test user on the server when it is up. Still times out with the same error.

Ok i just had it again.

I use the teamspeak server with ini enabled and mysql database. No other significant settings. There are plenty on it and they are using the server.

R. Ludwig it quit working again after about an hour if you need more information I will be around tomorrow.

What OS is everyone using I am using XP Pro 32bit.

Windows XP Pro 32 bit.

I'm running the server on Win 2008 R2 64bit. My client is on Win 7 64bit.

I opened all the ports as per the FAQ. (This was done before though...)
    I'm also now running beta3 of the server. So far it's been running for 2 hours. I'll let you know if it crashes again. I am getting a "invalid socket response, packet discarded" error every five minutes though, but things seem to be working as normal.

Kev

Hi. same problem,

I dont get no accounting errors though, only crap loads of these over the whole log file

2009-12-21 21:31:51.002519|ERROR |TCPSockets | | invalid socket response, packet discarded, error:

After installing Beta 3 and received the license key the server has been up for over 7 hours.

i installed beta3, too. Still the same problem.

2009-12-22 10:50:46.515625|ERROR |Accounting | | failed to update accounting service

Server was up 40 minutes. I have windows xp pro 32bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Swede73 View Post
    After installing Beta 3 and received the license key the server has been up for over 7 hours.
    How to receve the licence key?

I use Win XP-Home 32 bit with beta1,2,3 the same problem, all needed ports are open.
    The server goes down every hour precisely this minute in which the computer was startet.

After I up to now still no solution for this shut down problem has found, I have installed the version Beta3 on a external Root Server with Windows2003-Server 64bit, Beta3 already runs over 6 hours without problems.

Thread Information