Forum

How to: Give Myself Server Admin On Different Machine?

I setup a TS3 server this morning for the gaming clan I belong to. I used the token provided in the log file to give myself Admin on the server. Everything was pretty straight forward and easy to setup, just had to reference the documentation a few times.

One thing that I'm unclear about though is how do I grant myself Admin status when running TS3 on a different machine?

I installed the TS3 client on my desktop, and used the token provided during the install on that client. I'm currently riding the train heading to Seattle to catch a plane to Florida for the holiday's. I installed TS3 on my laptop, but when I connect I don't have admin privilege. How can I give myself admin privileges now? No one else on my server has admin privileges.

Permissions > Server Groups > Add

Then enter their unique client ID or database ID

When you were still on your desktop computer, you had to do this :
    Settings > Identities
    Then Export
    On the laptop :
    Settings > Identities
    Then Import the file created on the desktop computer

With this, you would have been able to connect as an admin on your server. But I think it's too late now...

Explanation : The server, when you use the token, register your ID string (click on yourself in TS Client and you will see your ID) in the Server Admins group. To be able to connect to the server as an admin on your laptop, you must have the same ID string as the one on the desktop computer. But on your laptop, the ID string is different, so you have to import the one from the desktop computer.

if you have access to the logs on your server you should be able to retrieve the serveradmin password and login with that info.

It is the "Server Query" admin password. It can't be used on TS Client to connect to the server.

I checked the log files, and there is no record of the serveradmin password. Just the first token created. I did see the server admin password once in the console window when I started the server for the first time, but never since.

Is there any way to retrieve this?

From your laptop ? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe49 View Post
    It is the "Server Query" admin password. It can't be used on TS Client to connect to the server.
    That is correct...sorry.

Thread Information