Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

No Server.ini file

I'm attempting to set up a TS3 Win32 server

I've gone through all the steps that lead up to editing the server.ini But there isn't a Server.ini file for me to edit at all

it explains how in the documents that you recieved in the zip file.
    * createinifile (0)
    If set to "1", the server will create an INI-style config file containing all
    commandline parameters with the values you have specified.
    Default: The server will not create a config file.

You need to launch your TS3 server with the following in the command line

createinifile=1

this should only be done the once and then you should remove it from your command line, else it'll overwrite it at a relaunch.

I don't know where to change that at. I'm used to TS2 servers. this is a whole new process for me

create a new text file in the same directory as teamspeak. rename and change the extension to runserver.bat. right click the new .bat file and select EDIT. it should open in notepad and should be blank.

put the following in(assuming your using win64)
    Code:
    ts3server_win64.exe createinifile=1
    run the bat file. it should start the ts server. now you can close the server and you should find a new ts3server.ini file in the teamspeak directory. open it and edit the settings. dont forget to save.

next edit the .bat again. change it so it says:
    Code:
    ts3server_win64.exe inifile=ts3server.ini
    if you dont do this is will create a new default ini file that overwrites the one you edited.

I got it working now. ty for the help

I have done everything I know and have read here on the forums as to getting my server up to the public. However, the only way this server will allow connections is when I have it set to the uni ip...but no remote access.

Is there something wrong with the Win64 server setup? I mean I have seen/read quite a few people on the forums talking about how no one can connect to them. Am I missing something?

Here is my log:
    Code:
    2009-12-20 05:30:02.869000|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | Server Version: 3.0.0-beta1 [Build: 9366]
    2009-12-20 05:30:02.870000|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin name:    SQLite3 plugin, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2009-12-20 05:30:02.870000|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin version: 3.6.10
    2009-12-20 05:30:03.098000|WARNING |Accounting    |   | Unable to find valid license key, falling back to limited functionality
    2009-12-20 05:30:03.323000|CRITICAL|FileManager   |   | converting bind() IP failed
    One thing to keep in mind is I know this server can be connected to via DNS which is what I am trying to do. serenityeffect.zapto.org ... however its not working...the client resolves the IP and will not connect to the IP. I have no firewall, not ever windows, and all the ports are forwarded. Anyone have any thoughts?

is the ip in your ini set to 173.58.53.30?

I have tried that and serenityeffect.zapto.org ... I left it at 0.0.0.0 and I was able to finally connect via the DNS/My IP but now others that are not on my network are saying they cannot connect...this is damn frustrating...this was so much easier with the web gui...lol

I'm having the same issue it seems no matter what I do I can't get it to let people connect to my teamspeak server.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterX View Post
    I have done everything I know and have read here on the forums as to getting my server up to the public. However, the only way this server will allow connections is when I have it set to the uni ip...but no remote access.

Is there something wrong with the Win64 server setup? I mean I have seen/read quite a few people on the forums talking about how no one can connect to them. Am I missing something?

Here is my log:
    Code:
    2009-12-20 05:30:02.869000|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | Server Version: 3.0.0-beta1 [Build: 9366]
    2009-12-20 05:30:02.870000|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin name:    SQLite3 plugin, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2009-12-20 05:30:02.870000|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin version: 3.6.10
    2009-12-20 05:30:03.098000|WARNING |Accounting    |   | Unable to find valid license key, falling back to limited functionality
    2009-12-20 05:30:03.323000|CRITICAL|FileManager   |   | converting bind() IP failed
    One thing to keep in mind is I know this server can be connected to via DNS which is what I am trying to do. serenityeffect.zapto.org ... however its not working...the client resolves the IP and will not connect to the IP. I have no firewall, not ever windows, and all the ports are forwarded. Anyone have any thoughts?
    afaik if you are planning to use default port for those voice, filetrans and query, you dont really need to specify the server ip address from ini file.

No Server INI file

I have tried doing what this thread says to do multiple times to no avail:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...erver-ini-file
    The batch runs and the server opens, but doesnt create a server.ini file upon closing:

Is there any way I can create one myself?

Instructions for this are all over the forums. Please use the search feature.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I see a bunch of stuff about command line parameters but no guide on how to actually set up those parameters

*edit*

I got everything I needed running w/o the use of the server.ini
    Last edited by DownSouthRambo; July 7th, 2012 at 10:45 PM.

Glad to hear that. For future reference, all of the information you needed is in section 6 of the server_quickstart.txt file in the doc folder of your server install.

Thread Information