Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Some Bugs

Post Some Bugs / Suggestions

Hi guys

First of all I'd like to congratulate the team for all the work. It worth the waiting

I use either the Win64 client @ Windows 7 x64, Win32 client @ Windows 7 x86 or Ubuntu 9.10 x86, connected to a Debian Lenny x86 box.

Both clients and server are always the latest versions. The Server is in a dedicated machine that is only running apache2, ssh, exim+dovecot, ts2 and ts3 now. Using the default server ports and forwarded in the router, using a 12/2Mb line.

Lets list some then:
    - Some random distortion with all codecs, and more common with CELT Mono. This can get quite annoying. Reproduced with Realtek ALC268(Win 7 32), ALC883(Win 7 64), ADI AD2000B(Win Vista 32) and ADI AD2000B(Win 7 64)
    - I saw that this is getting common around here and i saw the replies about server bandwidth. Mine is not under a dedicated line, its a 12/2 but it was plenty enough for TS2/Vent with top quality codecs.
    - Just confirmed that it has something to do with the bandwidth sensibility. Today i connected to the server trough the same network and this doesn't happen at all, but every time i load a web page or something related to internet connection this starts happening again. Remember, i am connected to the server in the same LAN (i even have 1ms ping)

- Linux x86 client with high CPU usage on Ubuntu
    - I am aware that this is an already reported bug. Just listing here cause disabling Pulse Audio or starting the client with padsp does not solve the issue

-
    Talk Power and Needed Talk Power seem not be working as intended for whispers and channels
    -
    Thread here

- Voices being cut out when using PTT- The end of the sentences are cut, even if the users release the key after they are done talking. The more distant (ping) they are to the server, more is cut from the end. There are tons of threads about this, i reckon

- Workaround in beta 16

- Phonetics stop playing after some hits in the test button and general TTS does not play all the times (using Microsoft Anna)
    -Posted in other thread about this. Seems that the TTS goes away after some time, especially if 2 TTS instructions overlap

- Fixed with beta 11

- Going to token manager, pressing add and then cancel/close causes "database empty result set" error
    - Fixed with beta 11

- ServerLibPriv Error Server() error while starting servermanager, error: unable to connect to accounting server
    - Got this error today for the first time, and after the server been running fine for 3 days with a valid license and 500 slots hosted. Tried to forward inbound door in the router, even though it is an outbound connection, to see if it persists
    - Guess that opening inbound door solved, don't have a clue why tho.

- Too many slots hosted, shutting down!- Had 500 slots hosted in 1 virtual server, with 2 users online. Registered with the NP License. Shut down after exactly 1 hour. Thread here
    - Did not happened again

- Complaints disappear sometimes after reading for the first time

- Fixed

- Test voice mode does not capture sound when using PTT. It cancels somehow
    - Fixed with beta5

- Files uploaded to the root of a channel do not become listed
    - Files are not completely uploaded or client not able to download (get files with 0kb)

- Just confirmed the issue about avatars also. I upload, the image shows up under my info but after a while it times out and other users cant see the image.
    - Read the topic from KoldFusion and it seems to be the problem since it solved for many people. I haven't tried yet cause i don't have 100 power (beta1>beta2 issue with the db, don't want to rebuild the db yet). A workaround isn't a bug fix still.

- Fixed with beta5

- Unable to use Server Query. Returns error: "insufficient client permissions (failed on b_client_issue_client_query_command (20624/0x5090))"- Member of default SA group, it doesn't even let me type the command "help"
    -I know already that this was caused by the update from beta1 to beta2 of the server, as told here, but im not being able to update the db (i will reset anyways soon)
    - DB reseted, does not apply anymore

And some minor features that are missing:
    - Should be able to test codecs locally

- Enable TTS volume control
    - Thread here

- Hide sensible user information from normal users
    - Things like "DB ID", "Unique ID", "Version" and "Platform" should be able to hide from normal users, like "b_client_remoteaddress_view"

- Being able to clone permissions set
    - Last suggestion from this nice list

- Blink the taskbar when the client needs attention
    - For example, when we receive a PM but sound is muted, or a tray balloon like what happens with pokes

- Show the Away Status / Mic Muted / Headphones Muted icons and messages above the Avatar

- Permission to delete other users avatars

- Multiple user Drag and Drop / Prevent channels from being dragged without special key

- Show which server groups does a user belong to under user info
    - Just like it does with Channel Groups.
    - Added in beta 16

- Server side channel and user group icons
    - According to this thread is already on development

- Added in beta 15/18

- Access to bookmarks from connect menu and/or merge both menus
    - This was more like to help old TS2 users getting used to it, but now i see that it isn't that relevant.

- Added in beta 13

- Enable "Glance into all channels" as default on login
    - Just noticed on the option "Subscribe to All Channels" under server context menu
    - Fixed with beta5

- Phonetic nickname system simplified
    - Thread here
    - Fixed with beta5

- Disable Mic muted warning while using PTT
    - Thread here
    - Fixed with beta5

Thats all for now
    Last edited by Jonybat; March 24th, 2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: some more just for listing purposes

you forgot the Avatar upload.

in the folder " ts3/files/virtualserver_1/internal " is a file with 0kb

port 30033 is free to upload and the folder have 777. but the upload is not perfect.

Misfire

I only tried one avatar, and i succeeded.

Just re-checked the port and the permissions in the files folder and its all set up...still not working tho

Updated.

Read first post, ty.

I updated both client and server to beta2 and now i noticed that i cant use Server Query anymore. I am member of the default Server Admin group...i haven't changed a thing.

It returns this error:
    "insufficient client permissions (failed on b_client_issue_client_query_command (20624/0x5090))"

The above bugs still apply to the newer versions.
    Last edited by Jonybat; December 21st, 2009 at 01:24 PM.

Updated. Awesome job guys.

Thank you

Just found out something relevant to the voice quality issues.

Read first post, ty

(new info is underlined, italic info does not apply anymore)

Thread Information