Forum

Token Managment and Server PW

First let me say that the client ...

The administration ...

I have been an avid fan of TS for years and nothing prepared me for this beast.

My confusion is around server passwords and tokens. I have the server set up, connected another client to it and no problems. Created a SA token, msg'd it to my other client and added it.. no problems. Now that client is SA and does not need password to log into server. I get it .

My issue is with normal users. As far as I can figure it out, you need to go and generate a token in the token manager for user type "normal", that works fine. However when i send that token to the other client in a chat and try to apply it, it says "error, duplicate entry" and the token dissapears. Additionally the client still needs the server password to connect so it is not a case of the client registering regardless of the error.

For the love of god please bring back the right click register function! Allow me to right click and have the server send the token to the client automatically in the background to establish the trusted relationship. We run servers with hundreds of users in Eve and this would be an absolute nightmare to maintain in it's current state.

We will be remaining on TS2 for the forseable future as a result until we can figure this out .

You are missing the whole concept of tokens. Tokens are only meant for 1 person. Once that token is used, you must generate another one. You don't HAVE to send tokens. You can simply right click the user / client permissions. Click on the "server groups" tab and place that user in the group that you want them in.

Its not that hard, and clearly not a reason to NOT use TS3. This thing is amazing.

Here's some help getting level 100: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=46779

From then on permission configurations should be easier.

To allocate permissions, as said, just right click > permissions then allocate the appropriate.

I have a Question about the Admin Token.
    I have just installed the TeamSpeak 3 Beta2 Client, and after the Install i wasn't the Admin anymore and i could not take the Admin Token i have had yesterday, what shall i do?

I will now install TeamSpeak server 3 Beta2 an i hope i will get a new Admin Token if not, what then?

Sry for my English.

Greetz

Jhonny

Quote Originally Posted by Deemer View Post
    You are missing the whole concept of tokens. Tokens are only meant for 1 person. Once that token is used, you must generate another one. You don't HAVE to send tokens. You can simply right click the user / client permissions. Click on the "server groups" tab and place that user in the group that you want them in.

Its not that hard, and clearly not a reason to NOT use TS3. This thing is amazing.
    I understand the token concept and I have used the right click permissions but my problem is that:
    a) when i right click a person and assign them anything but SA, they still require the password to access the server. What permission do I need to assign the 'regular' group to have them able to log on without providing server level password ?

b) when permissions are assigned there is no visual difference between a guest and a 'regular' user. Only 'O' 'C" and 'S' icons appear for elevated priviledges.

Thread Information