Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bad voice-quality

Heya,

i'm using the codec "Speex Ultra-Broadband (32 kHz) for my channels.
    but anyway, the quality is a little bad - what to do about that?

Ah, and btw, when will sales.tritoncia.com open? .... just having a 32 slots ts3 sucks.

Greets

Maybe its a little bit subjective opinion ? I mean if you used TS 2 for a so long time its a bit unfamiliar...

Quote Originally Posted by SeToY View Post
    i'm using the codec "Speex Ultra-Broadband (32 kHz) for my channels.
    but anyway, the quality is a little bad - what to do about that?
    Maybe you're using a crappy headset or microphone? For example a built in microphone in a notebook or webcam isn't suitable for voicechatting in general.

Another reason could be that you have a too low upload bandwith available. You can see the needed bandwith within the channel settings, don't exceed 90% of your maximum available bandwith.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Maybe its a little bit subjective opinion ? I mean if you used TS 2 for a so long time its a bit unfamiliar...
    That might be a reason.. for sure.

@Hook:
    Creative Fatal1ty USB HS-1000

Did you already try changing the Capture Mode found at Settings -> Options -> Capture -> Capture Mode ?

It's set to "automatically ....."

Btw, it's not me alone who is having troubles. other ppl are complaining about a bad voice-quality, too.

Ah and btw - with ts2 as i've turned downloads on, everybody could understand me.. it was slow, but they could understand me.
    with ts3 and downloads started, nobody understands a shit of what i'm saying cuz i'm lagging and words get lost.

sounds like bandwidth problem. Everything works fine when you aren't downloading? People can understand you?

we have the same problem, sometime the 32kbit codex hear like a robot-voice. bandwidth problem cant be i think so i have here a 5mb/sek inet down and 1,2mb/sek upload.

anyone know something about this problem?

I noticed this problem as well. Seems as it is a bandwith problem because the User's ping is at about 250 +- 150.
    But this problem even exists on a very low codec, even on lower ones than in TS2. In TS2 the user sounds normal, only in TS3 there are these "lags" or distortions.

TS for me sounds like everyone has their head in a toilet.

In comparisson TS2, Vent, Mumble & Skype all sound fine. So do BF2 & CS:S ingame VOIPs.

We are testing TS3 too. Sometimes the voice quality crystal clear, sometimes sounds like s**t. I understand that bandwidth affects quality but it's just not right. TS 2 sounds bad, but predictable (It's always bad). Anyway TS3 sounds better of course but it needs some polishing (constant quality).

I see nothing like this at all. The voice quality, especially with the "music codec" is just incredible. Even better than Ventrilo right now.

Other than people using cruddy on-board sound or Creative-based boards built by Creative, no one on my server has said anything OTHER than "wow... the sound quality is amazing." And that is a direct quote from a user.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. Excreta View Post
    I see nothing like this at all. The voice quality, especially with the "music codec" is just incredible. Even better than Ventrilo right now.

Other than people using cruddy on-board sound or Creative-based boards built by Creative, no one on my server has said anything OTHER than "wow... the sound quality is amazing." And that is a direct quote from a user.
    Same with my clan. We have 20 people on right now and all of them love it. The sound quality is awesome.

I wonder if many of the people having issues are running their own server off their home computer instead of a real server. That makes quite a difference.

I'm running TS3 on a rootserver - so nothing about my "own home server".

Hmm...there as to be a reason why some have issues and some don't. It isn't an 'everyone has this issue' type of problem.
    Last edited by Maniacle; December 21st, 2009 at 01:10 AM.

Thread Information