Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Creating Server

Unhappy Creating Server

Hi ..
    Ive not actually used Teamspeak before so this is rather hard for me to understand.

Because I havent actually used TeamSpeak before it means that i literally havent got any idea on how to start my own TeamSpeak server, and by the looks of it, alot of people are confused about the new TeamSpeak 3.0 Client... And so am I.

I need to create a server and dont know where to begin, i have downloaded the TS3 Server and TS3 Client already for Windows

I've looked at other threads and saw that someone added a Youtube Tutorial... I couldnt understand it because he was using files from his older client.

Could someone please tell me in the most simple way possible on how to create a server for me and my friends to chat on Thank you.

You just have to install the server and client, start both, forward the UDP Port 9987 in your router to your computer's IP and grant the server full access to the internet in your firewall.

Then you should be able to connect to your server with your local IP 127.0.0.1
    Others have to use your external Internet-IP which normally changes every 24 hours. To find it look into your router or just use this Website: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

You could also use the public server, if it isn't full to chat with your friends, that would be the easiest way

Talking Omfg!..

Thank you so much! ... Good thing i learnt how to port forward and such when i created other servers such as world of warcraft !

Thanks, appreciate the help

im beyond ignorant apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Hook88 View Post
    You just have to install the server and client, start both, forward the UDP Port 9987 in your router to your computer's IP and grant the server full access to the internet in your firewall.

Then you should be able to connect to your server with your local IP 127.0.0.1
    Others have to use your external Internet-IP which normally changes every 24 hours. To find it look into your router or just use this Website: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

You could also use the public server, if it isn't full to chat with your friends, that would be the easiest way
    Still no idea how to setup a server to speak, that explanation was beyond me. I have been trying all day to just find help in setting one up... i still dont think im posting in the right area. All i have done is download TS3, no idea if its server or client versions... it rattled off a bunch of numbers at me, i thought i registered and logged in but i wrestled with that for awhile, im done wrestling something that should be fairly straight forward. What am i not seeing here? why cant i find the answers...

Thread Information