Forum

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

User lose groups after reconnect (Groups are not permanent)

I don't understand this permissions system at all, but really confused as to why when I create a Server Group called Clan Members and then added one member to it... he vanished off the list? I had originally added him by dragging his name into the Clients box and when I didn't see him listed in there I tried the Add and used his Unique ID... but now I just went into Server Groups again this morning and he isn't listed again??

Also... for Guest its says they are automatically added to this group if they are not in any other, but I have 2 members right now who just joined and they show as guests when you look at their info... but Guest Client area is empty?

Activate the permission "b_group_is_permanent" in target groups, to save the group when the user logs out.
    The group will be removed after disconnect, when the permission wasn't active in a group.
    Last edited by dante696; October 30th, 2015 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Details added

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    if you want a permanent group, give the right "b_group_is_permanent"
    Awesome I got it showing permanent now. Curious though, what exactly is Grant? Like if I give Grant and it adds a 75... what does that mean?

And how does one go about raising their Talk Power?

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXimus View Post
    Awesome I got it showing permanent now. Curious though, what exactly is Grant? Like if I give Grant and it adds a 75... what does that mean?
    If I am not mistaken, a user that has a "Grant" power of 75 for one option, may grant another user this option, that did not yet have this option.

Permanent Groups

How can I create a permanent group? If i add someone to a group he just stays in there till he leaves... when he reconnects I have to add him again...

I had the same issue when I created a new Server Group called Clan Members... what I did was:

Click Permissions -> Click Server Groups -> Highlighted Clan Members -> On the right side I double clicked Group -> Then down a little bit I double clicked Group is permanent.

could you please make a screenshot i dont find it...

thanks in advance

edit found it...

The right permission key is: b_group_is_permanent
    You can also write permanent into the filter to find it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    If I am not mistaken, a user that has a "Grant" power of 75 for one option, may grant another user this option, that did not yet have this option.
    I think so

Gran is the power they have to change this item, and the value means they can change it or if its a number it means this is the required number they need to change it.

For exemple Value of 50 and a grant of 75 will allow users to be able to change this settings

But if the value is 75 and the user has a grant of 50 they will be unable to change it

Its really simple when you get your head around it!

Problems with the permission/user registration system

Hey Guys!

I've got a problem with the permission/user reg-system.
    I've bought a TS2 20-Slot Server on http://g-portal.de/ a few months ago and now switcht it yesterday to a TS3 Server.

So i've go through the permissions and tried to set them up and for a uncertain reason EVERY user could kick, ban and all the stuff only SA's normaly could do though they hasn't got the permissions.

In the Webinterface of g-portal i let them reinstall and reboot the server and from then everything worked well even the permissions but another problem occured...

I've created a server group called "registred" and setup the permissons they have to get and also setup the "guest" server group a bit because i don't want them to switch through the channels manualy or do stuff the reg's could do.
    I drag&drop the user in the registred group and they have the rights but when they reconnect to the server their permissions are lost and they are only guests which can do nothing except speak or send messages to user/channels.
    I also tried to let the TS3-client generate a token for them so they are in the registred group but nothing helped

Am i doing something wrong or is it just a beta bug that will be fixed in future builds?

thanks in advance!

flava5683

Did you use the pre-defined "normal" group or did you setup a "registered" group on your own?

Is the parameter b_group_is_permanent checked for the "registered" group?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Did you use the pre-defined "normal" group or did you setup a "registered" group on your own?

Is the parameter b_group_is_permanent checked for the "registered" group?
    i've set it up on my own an no the parameter wasn't checked.
    Now it is checked and everything works fine!

Thank you four your help Birdie!

what is a permanent group?

I can decide whether a group is permanent or not (b_group_is_permanent). What is the difference?

If the group is permanent, the members of the groups get saved. If the group is not permanent, the client is only member of the group, until he leaves the server.

Thread Information