Forum

[Improvement Requests]

Improvements:

Not being able to disable sounds by checkbox
    -- Description: I've been searching way too long to find out that I have to select a sound profile to disable the sounds completely. Maybe a checkbox would be helpful in this case.

ServerQuery Tool with line-breaks and \s
    -- Description: The ServerQuery Tool produces no line-breaks when fetching e.g. serverinfo. This is quite unhandy to read. It would be good to have the ability to use quotas instead of \s e.g. hostname="This is a spacy text with specialchars!!"

Group Assignments not intuitive
    -- Description: When I want somebody to be assigned to a group I have to enter his ID to add him to a servergroup. This should be much easier by right-clicking the user => "Add user to group..." and then you can select a group. A Userlist would be useful.
    -- Workaround: Drag'n'Drop the User onto the Clients list of the group

See All not as option
    -- Description: You cannot set an option that says "Enable see all for every Server" so you don't always have to click the button before you can see the ppl on the server.

Permission documentation
    -- Description: Some of the permission-items aren't very clear to understand. It would be good to have an explanation (maybe just a hover) for them.

One more (good) soundpack
    -- Description: The current soundpacks are not quite easy to understand and lots of the robo-voice annoys people. Maybe a normal spoken voice would be a good addition.
    Last edited by x!sign.dll; December 20th, 2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added permission documentation request

Quote Originally Posted by x!sign.dll View Post
    -- Description: When I want somebody to be assigned to a group I have to enter his ID to add him to a servergroup. This should be much easier by right-clicking the user => "Add user to group..." and then you can select a group.
    If the user is currently online, you can also drag and drop the user on the group window.

you mean all sounds or just some ?

serverquery is there for scripting

you can drag and drop a client

See All not as option
    subscribing is a bit fishy, have to agree

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    you mean all sounds or just some ?
    All.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    serverquery is there for scripting
    Have to agree - it's just difficult to read. e.g. on "help" it's perfectly sorted.

you can drag and drop a client
    Coming from TS2 that point wasn't obvious to me

/edit: uhm - drag'n'drop doesn't work? I'm opening the ServerGroups Window (Strg+F1), try to drag a user above the servergroup but nothing happens? What am I doing wrong ??

uhm - drag'n'drop doesn't work? I'm opening the ServerGroups Window (Strg+F1), try to drag a user above the servergroup but nothing happens? What am I doing wrong ??
    Ok, I have to be more precise:
    You have to drag the user on the "Clients" list in the "Server Groups" window.

Aaaah... Ok - but I think you could see: not handy ^^

I have to say, I have been waiting for TS3 for a long time. I hated TS2 and chosen ventrilo for my gaming community (www.gameheros.org...but we are under renovations also )

The quality of TS2 sucks...that is my 2 cents. But this quality you guys have now, is good. Very close if not the same to the speex on vent. The question is, why is there still a bit of a difference. I reckon that is cuz of the autoleveing, but I'm not complaining.

Basic (but cool) sounds not an option
    I hated text to speech for vent, and i hate on this. Yes I know one of them isn't tts but it is still a simulated version and alot of us who are testing this hate the "female dog" that talks to us. PLEASE come up with a sound pack that isn't voice! I know WE can, and i will, but there should still be an option.

Higher codec?
    Someone, please explain to me why GSM isn't and hasn't ever been an option for TS...and why isn't it supported on macs? There has to be a way. I assume it is a licences issue? Not open source? I am sure there is another higher quality you guys could include. Not really a complain, just feel it should be there. We actually heard rumors and expected sound quality close to skype.

User and channel arrangement
    ...Can we have a SERVER wide setting that makes users appear on TOP of the sub channels...hard to get use to from vent. Not to mention we are also used to double clicking a user and being put in the channel that users is in. Can that be a CLIENT setting you can implement?

Side things
    God DAM you guys made it complex for the user permissions, I need an explanation of alot of them tho. For instance the file users permission need a bit more explaining (i understand the tier leveling...but ..bah i can't be bothered to explain it all right now...don't you guys have documentation of it ALL?) Though once you get use to it, it isn't that bad.

I see you guys are ACTUALLY talking back to us and taking things into consideration. A LARGE breath of fresh are from the idiots at ventrilo.com. That is why i am looking into changing to TeamSpeak. Also your SDK and server query will be very useful to our site.
    Last edited by GHhero; December 20th, 2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: ommited prasie :)

I have to say, I have been waiting for TS3 for a long time. I hated TS2 and chosen ventrilo for my gaming community (www.gameheros.org...but we are under renovations also )

The quality of TS2 sucks...that is my 2 cents. But this quality you guys have now, is good. Very close if not the same to the speex on vent. The question is, why is there still a bit of a difference. I reckon that is cuz of the autoleveing, but I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by GHhero View Post
    Basic (but cool) sounds not an option
    I hated text to speech for vent, and i hate on this. Yes I know one of them isn't tts but it is still a simulated version and alot of us who are testing this hate the "female dog" that talks to us. PLEASE come up with a sound pack that isn't voice! I know WE can, and i will, but there should still be an option.
    I have to agree *up to my list on top*

Higher codec?
    Someone, please explain to me why GSM isn't and hasn't ever been an option for TS...and why isn't it supported on macs? There has to be a way. I assume it is a licences issue? Not open source? I am sure there is another higher quality you guys could include. Not really a complain, just feel it should be there. We actually heard rumors and expected sound quality close to skype.
    CELT isn't enough?

User and channel arrangement
    ...Can we have a SERVER wide setting that makes users appear on TOP of the sub channels...hard to get use to from vent. Not to mention we are also used to double clicking a user and being put in the channel that users is in. Can that be a CLIENT setting you can implement?
    Well - double clicking a channel puts you in a channel. Double clicking a user means to text with him. No change needed from my POV.
    Can you explain the on TOP feature a bit more in detail ?

Side things
    God DAM you guys made it complex for the user permissions, I need an explanation of alot of them tho. For instance the file users permission need a bit more explaining (i understand the tier leveling...but ..bah i can't be bothered to explain it all right now...don't you guys have documentation of it ALL?) Though once you get use to it, it isn't that bad.
    have to agree. some of the perms aren't very clear to me either *added to the list*

CELT isn't enough?
    CELT seems to not be as clear. TBH speex sounds better and is stereo. CELT is good for music it seems tho but is mono.

Well - double clicking a channel puts you in a channel. Double clicking a user means to text with him. No change needed from my POV.
    Can you explain the on TOP feature a bit more in detail ?
    Sure, down load vent and check it out on a public server, pm me and i will give you my server details. Here is what you will see

Server name
    -Channel one
    ---[user in channel one]
    --sub channel 1
    ---[user in sub channel 1]
    --sub channel 2
    -channel 2

TS is like this

Server name
    -Channel one
    --sub channel 1
    --sub channel 2
    ---[user in channel one]
    -channel 2

The double clicking users is a faster way of joining a channel. I am only requesting it as a client feature, as something you can set in your clients options. I rather right click to pm a user, but i understand the logic

Yes, I know, it seems i want vent in ts...but honestly. why not make a mix of both? We need to get away from vent. The users that have admin on that server could at anytime delete my username from the editor and destory the vent. that is one of the reason why i want to leave it since also the creators don't give 2 shits it seems of us. As if they just wanted to make the software to charge the server companys for cash and nothing more...TS on the other hand seems to care about what we...WE as the users...

I mean for crying out loud FILE TRANSFERS! Vent doesn't have and I don't think it ever will

How about ...PMing someone with VOICE? Can that be implemented?

I am sorry...maybe i am just wrong for asking all this, i just feel that good ideas should be wasted.

Sure, down load vent and check it out on a public server, pm me and i will give you my server details. Here is what you will see

Server name
    -Channel one
    ---[user in channel one]
    --sub channel 1
    --sub channel 2
    -channel 2

TS is like this

Server name
    -Channel one
    --sub channel 1
    --sub channel 2
    ---[user in channel one]
    -channel 2
    I'd rack that one up as more of a difference between vent and TS. TS2 is the same way as TS3 for listing people in channels. Those comign from Vent will have to get used to it while those of us (like myself) coming from TS2 are already used to it.

I can see how it would be nice to have an added ability to switch how people are listed in the channels. There are obviously way more important things to be working on at the moment, but who knows....maybe one day they will add an option.

CELT seems to not be as clear. TBH speex sounds better and is stereo. CELT is good for music it seems tho but is mono.

Server name
    -Channel one
    ---[user in channel one]
    --sub channel 1
    --sub channel 2
    -channel 2

TS is like this

Server name
    -Channel one
    --sub channel 1
    --sub channel 2
    ---[user in channel one]
    -channel 2
    I get the point, but it would disturbing for all TS2 users if it would be that way. So I think it won't be a good idea to implement it.

How about ...PMing someone with VOICE? Can that be implemented?
    You can whisper people and so you can "PM-Voice" them.

bump....

Any other ideas or OPs with anything we all said in this thread? I would speak now before beta ends...get this list going IF it even gets a list...very small amount of things in my point of view are needed to change.

I still do think they did a awesome job!

Thread Information