Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.0-beta2 Available

Hi there!

We've just finished uploading version 3.0.0-beta2 of the server. Here's a list of changes:

Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.0-beta2 20 Dec 2009
    - fixed rare server crash (while reconnecting client)
    - fixed bug with serverdblist updating client_nickname fields
    - fixed permission problem with channel groups
    + serverstop can return ERROR_server_is_not_running 
    + poke message got a max character limit of 100
    ! added PERMISSION_b_client_issue_client_query_command
      enables/disables the internal gui client serverquery function
    - fixed bug that lead to the server connection info values overflowing
      at 2^31
    Good luck on downloading the files!

nice!
    Works for me !

Based on a diff of defaults.sql, the following statements should be executed to enable the new permissions in beta2 (if you installed beta1).
    Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_command", 100, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_command", 75, 0, 0);
    You will also need to update the permissions for any existing virtual servers (if you want them to be able to use the new permissions). Basically, the below will grant the group with a group_id of 6 (which should be the group_id of the server admin group for the first virtual server) the permissions that would've been granted by default had you started with a fresh beta2 install.

If you want to double check the group_id (which you should), take a look at the groups_server table (the first virtual server has a server_id of 1). If you see a row that looks like this (all columns selected) "6, 1, 'Server Admin', 1", 6 is the group_id of the Server Admin group on virtual server 1 (server_id 1).

Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 6, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 6, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_command", 75, 0, 0);

where do we execute these?
    via telnet? or ?

Quote Originally Posted by markgm5 View Post
    where do we execute these?
    via telnet? or ?
    It depends on that database your server is using. If you're using SQLite, SQLiteMan. If you're using MySQL, you probably know how to do it (using phpMyAdmin, MySQL Query Browser, etc).

If I drag this over my beta 1 folder, will I lose all the servers settings and so on?

hm.. I just overwrite all files and the Settings are still stored

just overwrite all.

Ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aix59 View Post
    Based on a diff of defaults.sql, the following statements should be executed to enable the new permissions in beta2 (if you installed beta1).
    Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_command", 100, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_command", 75, 0, 0);
    You will also need to update the permissions for any existing virtual servers (if you want them to be able to use the new permissions). Basically, the below will grant the group with a group_id of 6 (which should be the group_id of the server admin group for the first virtual server) the permissions that would've been granted by default had you started with a fresh beta2 install.

If you want to double check the group_id (which you should), take a look at the groups_server table (the first virtual server has a server_id of 1). If you see a row that looks like this (all columns selected) "6, 1, 'Server Admin', 1", 6 is the group_id of the Server Admin group on virtual server 1 (server_id 1).

Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 6, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 6, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_command", 75, 0, 0);
    But you have to do that only in case you are using the SQL options for TS3 right?

If you start the server without the parameter for the sql database you do not have to do these things right?

you have to do because the database is changed
    and you will get
    <10:49:19> insufficient client permissions (gescheitert an b_client_issue_client_query_command (20624/0x5090))
    if you want to send a query

As far as I understand the quickstart guide, there are 2 options to start a TS3 server:
    1. without MySQL database
    2. with MySQL database

So the qucikstart guide states the following:
    * dbplugin (ts3db_sqlite3)
    Name of the database plugin library used by the server instance. For example, if
    you want to start the server with MySQL support, simply set this parameter to
    "ts3db_mysql" to use the MySQL plugin. Do *NOT* specify the "lib" prefix or the file
    extension of the plugin.
    Default: The default SQLite3 database plugin will be used.
    As far as I understand this, that means that you only have to do the way aix59 describes if you use the MySQL way to start TS3.
    If you start the server without MySQL support, no SQL database is created.

So you do not have to do these steps. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlok View Post
    As far as I understand the quickstart guide, there are 2 options to start a TS3 server:
    1. without MySQL database
    2. with MySQL database

So the qucikstart guide states the following:

As far as I understand this, that means that you only have to do the way aix59 describes if you use the MySQL way to start TS3.
    If you start the server without MySQL support, no SQL database is created.

So you do not have to do these steps. Right?
    No, the server always creates a SQL database! Only what kind of database is created can be changed. If you start the server without MySQL support it will create a sqlite database (ts3server.sqlitedb). So you've either to change your MySQL database or your sqlite database.

How should I change these sqlite database thing?

I only see some strange letters of code in the file when I open it via an editor.

And I don't want to lose my server settings, because it tooked hours to configure the server.

Does the new Beta 3 take care of this, or do we still have to add these manually?

Thread Information