Forum

How to register the players

HI EVERYBODY CAN YOU EXLAIN ME SOMETHING

I AM A ADMIN ON OUR SERVER

but we all have one question about teamspeak 3

all our members come in right now as a guest
    how can we register them as a member like with teamspeak 2

because we all have applicants and members and we would like to register our members and keep our clan applicants as guests
    Last edited by ScP; December 20th, 2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: removed url

AFAIK, every user got a unique key, the key is everytime the same.
    You can add this user into right groups, he is now getting the specified rights with connecting on the server.

okay, and how Teamspeak3 remember this ID? i mean on the client PC

//Germany:
    Oder eben mal Deutsch, weil mein englisch einfach nicht Funktionieren will
    Spätestens nachm Formatieren kann der Client doch garnicht mehr die ID übermitteln, is doch doof wen man von einmal kein Admin mehr hat...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanni View Post
    okay, and how Teamspeak3 remember this ID? i mean on the client PC
    Press CTRL + I, there you can export and import it.

just to add some clarification for others who are having issues. In order to add someone to a server group you have to open up the permissions window. Then you can simply grab the user name (provided they are in the server) and drag and drop their name into the window on the right side of the server groups tab. Make sure you have the right server group highlighted or you might put that user in an unintended server group.

I personally have yet to figure out how to add or remove someone while they are not on the server. So for instance, if I have x user in the member server group, how the hell would I be able to remove them from the server group if they are not on the server becuase the permissions only shows people in the list of users in a particular server group that are actually on the server? Yeah you can search by unique ID or database id but so far the only way I know of getting that info is again, when the person is actually on the server. uugh!

Quote Originally Posted by djnoob View Post
    So for instance, if I have x user in the member server group, how the hell would I be able to remove them from the server group if they are not on the server becuase the permissions only shows people in the list of users in a particular server group that are actually on the server?
    On my TS3 server are all members of a group shown, even the offline ones. Are you sure that b_group_is_permanent is set in your groups?

Some other Question.
    I can only add the User to the Groups if they on the Server. So the USer need to connect at first Time my Server password.

How i can add User which is not on my server.

Auf deutsch:

Ich aknn User ja nur die rechte geben wenn sie auf meinem Server sind. kann man den auch irgendwie hinzufügen zu bestimmten gruppen wenn er nicht auf dem Server war/ist?

You could create a token with specific permissions bound to it and give this token to his/her or if you've added him/her as your buddy you can drag and drop him/her into the group you want to add him/her.

german:
    Du kannst ein Token erstellen, an das bestimmte Rechte gebunden sind und ihm/ihr dieses Token zukommen lassen. Oder wenn du ihn/sie als freund hinzugefügt hast, kannst du ihn/sie einfach aus der Freundesliste in die Gruppe ziehen.

Thread Information