Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Overhaul The Phonetic Nickname...

please.

Can you guys make this simple like in Ventrilo... where ya just type in what ya want it to say and it says it?

I'll have to agree with this.

Even after reading all the docs about it, im unable to reproduce some sounds, like the "n" in johnny. "She" just reads "johy", whether i set "Jh oy - h n y", "Jh oy h n y", "Jh oy n n y" or similar, its just not possible. Give it a try and you will see...

Although its a lot hard to make the end result is a lot better

and Jh ow h - n iy seems to work...

Cant for the life of me make it say 'littledave'

Ever heard the phrase "needle in a haystack"? Well I feel like the present phonetic system is the haystack and me trying to sort through it with a single needle

Ventrilo I could do the same thing as with this system by typing in like Mor tician and it would pronoun it better... but this system seems like its setup for rocket scientists just like the permissions system... whatever happen to "ease of use"? Its like whoever came up with some of these options didn't consider making a lot of these functionalities with the "casual user" in mind.

I had TS2 up and running 100% the way I wanted with all the admins and powers needed, in under 15 mins. Ventrilo I had it all setup in under a half hour. So far now I have been tinkering for well over 24 hrs and I feel just as clueless... if not even more so.

Cool thx
    ...but its like you need a degree to get it working like it should

Now when i get the part that i had working, the "bat" > "b ae t" = "Jh ow h - n iy - b ae t", it gives the "invalid parameter size" error. I tried with every marker and the result was the same...It must have some hidden rules...

20 character limit I think? And yea... this system is majorly for the birds compared to the easy and simple Ventrilo method.

And I must repeat: SOME of us are CASUAL USERS! Please keep this in mind development team

Agreed. The current Phonic system is bad. I'd imagin part of the reason is that they are having to build a phonic system from ground up to ensure it's cross platform compatible. I doubt they don't want it to be easy, but....

in the end, this is not a make or break feature for me.. So far, I love the rest of TS3. I'm sure as they develop it the system will get better..

Permissions system needs work as well, to be easier.. It's flexible yes, but needs to be easy for home users who are renting a TS server.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXimus View Post
    20 character limit I think? And yea... this system is majorly for the birds compared to the easy and simple Ventrilo method.

And I must repeat: SOME of us are CASUAL USERS! Please keep this in mind development team
    You got it right...

Took me 19 chars to write the spelling of a nickname with 7...and its not spelled right. 20 chars

The permissions system i get...it could be hard to get this much level of functionality and flexibility with an easier interface...but this?

Sometimes there's no need to make things up, just to make it feel different.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXimus View Post
    I had TS2 up and running 100% the way I wanted with all the admins and powers needed, in under 15 mins. [...] So far now I have been tinkering for well over 24 hrs and I feel just as clueless... if not even more so.
    /SIGN

You said what most of us have in mind

I also did not get my name working correctly... nearly, but not as good as I wanted to have it

hi
    a intregratet tool what names translate in phonem with many playeable version that test played i can get the best by hearying is.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatech View Post
    hi
    a intregratet tool what names translate in phonem with many playeable version that test played i can get the best by hearying is.
    Haven't a clue what you were trying to say... but if you said it sucks, then I agree

i gotta agree, cant type my nick, cuz its over 20 letters...

Quote Originally Posted by pixartist View Post
    i gotta agree, cant type my nick, cuz its over 20 letters...
    This does not apply anymore...was fixed in beta5

Thread Information