Forum

Permission System

Let me start off by saying that I'm so happy with the new permissions. They will help a lot to lock the server down for each admin in their own way. I know people have been screaming about better permissions an you have not disappointed.

I do think however that they are a bit over the top, lol. While I fully understand the layering process, I do think that it can be a bit redundant, Server groups and channel groups for instance could be combined... If I make a group, I can select or deselect what the permissions I want, thus not really needing two layers of groups. But I can also see instances where it might come in handy.

As a humble suggestion though, Maybe in a future release, you could at least HIDE the permissions that don't apply to each layer. This will make it a bit more intuitive and also not having the admin sort through 100 permissions that you cant select anyway because some permissions don't apply to what you are doing.

Again, thanks a bunch! good work! and just a humble suggestion

Don't understand the permission System

Hi, i don't really understand the Permission-System.

If i want to grant a user a specific permission I check the Value Window.
    But what means "Skip" and "Negate"? I understand the meaning of those words, but they make no sense to me.

If i don't want to grant a Permission I uncheck the Value Window? Why do I need a "negate" option or a Skip option?

Need
    help

Quote Originally Posted by RusTus View Post
    As a humble suggestion though, Maybe in a future release, you could at least HIDE the permissions that don't apply to each layer. This will make it a bit more intuitive and also not having the admin sort through 100 permissions that you cant select anyway because some permissions don't apply to what you are doing.
    I agree.

It'd be nice to have some tooltips that go into a little more detail about each permission.

I tested the new version yesterday and made sure the users did not have the facility to kick... the first thing that happened when my clan joined... they started kicking each other.

The option to kick is greyed out in all groups, all channels, and all clients.. so why can they kick??

Thread Information