Forum

How do I pre-register users?

We currently run a private TS2 server for our users. Each users gets a login ID and password, which is the same as they use to access our web site.

How can we use a similar system with TS3? I don't want to have just anyone connect to our server.

Cheers!

Luke

Give everyone a token. They can use it as soon as they connect to the server (which can be weeks later).

Quote Originally Posted by IceMatrix View Post
    Give everyone a token. They can use it as soon as they connect to the server (which can be weeks later).
    Two problems with this:

1) How do I programatically generate tokens? I have 2,000 users, who are being added or deleted all the time.

2) I don't want the users to have to enter a token. They have a perfectly good set of credentials which they know.

One other issue - how do I positively authenticate someone? How can I guarantee they are using the correct credentials, and have provided a nickname that I have assigned them?

Cheers!

Luke

I do not believe that the system can be setup the way you want it to be.

Excerpt from token_guide.txt:
    The mechanism controlling user permissions on a TeamSpeak 3 server is fundamentally different than in TeamSpeak 2. In TeamSpeak 2 individual users were added to the servers database and permissions bound to a user login name and password. In TeamSpeak 3 user login names and passwords no longer exist. Instead users connect to a virtual server providing
    just a nickname, which is only used for how to display the user to others but in no way related to access control. To indentify a user on a TeamSpeak 3 virtual server, a public key encryption mechanism is used:

When the Client is started for the first time, it automatically creates a key pair consisting of a public and a private key. The first time a new user connects to a virtual server, his client will automatically send his public key to the server. The virtual server creates an unique identifier from this public key and stores this identifier in its database. So instead of identification with login and password, a TeamSpeak 3 server identifies users by their unique ID. Should the user delete his private key and create a new one when connecting, he will be treated as a new individual by the server.

Since there is no input needed to "register" on a TeamSpeak 3 server there is no such thing as a manual registration in TeamSpeak 3. Basically once you connect you are automatically registered on the server you connected to. When you join again the server will recognize you.
    Generating Tokens programmatically:
    Use a telnet client of your flavour and connect to port 10011:

login serveradmin PASSWORD (PASSWORD from commandline output during server installation)
    .....answer: error id=0 msg=ok
    use 1 (if it is the virtual server number 1)
    tokenadd tokentype=0 tokenid1=6 tokenid2=0 (setting a token for servergroup id 6 (server admin) - see ts3_serverquery_manual.pdf page 28 for more details)
    .....answer: token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (read your generated token)
    .....error id=0 msg=ok
    logout
    quit
    ....disconnect

Thread Information