Forum

Hybrid View

TS3 Website Integration

This is actually several questions, i'll try to give as much info as possible.

-- Before I get started, some background ---
    I have the linux ts3 server up and running and connections are working fine. (BTW - Excellent work everyone this is a truly awesome product). I have a website written in PERL for my eve-online alliance. I had recently setup teamspeak2 so that if you are not registered you can not move around, forcing new connections to get stuck in channel "unsecure".

People need to register on the website and provide the game api to verify they are in my alliance, at which point a entry is created in the ts2_clients table for their account.

This is awesome cause it members use the same login/pass for both the site and teamspeak client and it makes it a lot easier to manage.

NOW, all that explained I am looking to migrate to teamspeak 3.

I have found the `client` table at it would appear that i can just use this the same way i did with ts2_client table

insert into clients (client_id,server_id,client_login_name,client_logi n_password) values ('',1,$name,$pass);

--- Q: Will this be sufficient or will the missing info give me problems?

--- Q: should i be using SHA1($pass) or something to this effect?

--- Q: It would seem that some of the other tables also have client_id information, in deleting a user what other tables should i delete where client_id=## ?

--- Q: The clients.client_login_name is 20 characters long, if i increase this in the mysql table will the client truncate?

--- Q: The registered user system seems to have changed and although i have been reading as much as i can to better understand it im still a bit foggy, i need to be able to create the same system as before. lock "unregistered" users from moving and create that "unsecure" channel as default. How do i do this? are people without passwords unregistered?

I realize this is beta and you might think i am being lazy with some of my questions but I thought i would get them out there to not only help with my stuff but help others who might find this discussion

thanks so much for this awesome product and thanks in advance for your answers

Teamspeak 3 don't use login name and password anymore (except for server query).

But I had the same problem like you, our clan homepage also create teamspeak 2 accounts for our members (and deletes them, if they leave us, etc.).

At the moment I have two options (maybe this give you also some ideas):

First:
    Our squadleader get a list of all guests that are currently on the teamspeak 3 server and select them to bind this guy with the homepage account. Our homepage put this guy in the right teamspeak 3 server group (possible by server query) and saves the client ID into the homepage database. So I can use all features like before on TS2. Disadvantage: The guy has to be online on teamspeak and of course only leaders should be able select the right guy .

Second:
    The homepage create a token (possible by server query) and send this token by mail to the user (or simple show it in the browser), like the account details before. The user can enter this token in the teamspeak 3 client (Rights -> Use Token) and get the rights. Disadvantage: The homepage don't know the client ID, so future use is not possible.

Maybe one of this variants are ok for you . If you need more details how one of this variants are possible, feel free to ask me.

If anybody has more ideas, feel free to write here or to me directly by pm.

TS3 Website Integration

Forgot another question

--- Q: I would like to prepend a string to the table names so that i can use the same database, like the ts2_* table names. Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    First:
    Our squadleader get a list of all guests that are currently on the teamspeak 3 server and select them to bind this guy with the homepage account. Our homepage put this guy in the right teamspeak 3 server group (possible by server query) and saves the client ID into the homepage database. So I can use all features like before on TS2. Disadvantage: The guy has to be online on teamspeak and of course only leaders should be able select the right guy .
    The above method just wont work, too much micro management with too many people having access. (not that i dont appreciate your stuff here, just replying you know?)

Second:
    The homepage create a token (possible by server query) and send this token by mail to the user (or simple show it in the browser), like the account details before. The user can enter this token in the teamspeak 3 client (Rights -> Use Token) and get the rights. Disadvantage: The homepage don't know the client ID, so future use is not possible.
    This one could work. Create a unique id/key and use the account id from my accounts table as the client_id

http://pastebin.com/d28f43fc6

But now I am also a bit confused as to where there is a token and a password? the connection dialog has Nickname/Password, whats the point of the login name? for a future webadmin thing?

Also - what if i just use the account email address as the token?

Quote Originally Posted by ttiberio View Post
    The above method just wont work, too much micro management with too many people having access. (not that i dont appreciate your stuff here, just replying you know?)
    No problem, it is just a way it could work for me . It is not the best solution for every situation, of course.

This one could work. Create a unique id/key and use the account id from my accounts table as the client_id

http://pastebin.com/d28f43fc6

But now I am also a bit confused as to where there is a token and a password? the connection dialog has Nickname/Password, whats the point of the login name? for a future webadmin thing?

Also - what if i just use the account email address as the token?
    Ok, I am almost sure you understand me wrong .

Look at the server query (telnet) interface in teamspeak 3.
    There is a command named tokenadd.
    With this command teamspeak 3 create a token (like the server admin token at the first start) for a specified server group, which only work once. This can be easily done by the homepage (for example with php).

This token can you mail or show the new registered user on your homepage. This user connect as guest to your teamspeak 3 server and click on the Rights menu -> Use Token to get promoted to the new server group.

Your homepage are not able to see which teamspeak user used this token.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    Look at the server query (telnet) interface in teamspeak 3.
    There is a command named tokenadd.
    With this command teamspeak 3 create a token (like the server admin token at the first start) for a specified server group, which only work once. This can be easily done by the homepage (for example with php).

This token can you mail or show the new registered user on your homepage. This user connect as guest to your teamspeak 3 server and click on the Rights menu -> Use Token to get promoted to the new server group.

Your homepage are not able to see which teamspeak user used this token.
    I was looking at the clients.client_unique_id and confused it with a general access token. anyway.... let me see if i got this right.

I create a token for "Alliance Member" and set it so that anyone WITHOUT that token (and the admin, whatever) can NOT move. Set the default channel and then supply members with the token on the website which will give them the "Alliance Member" rights.

I suppose my next question is 'can i prevent people from modifying their nick' because giving out the token would not be secure - i need an additional handshake i think

I suppose my next question is 'can i prevent people from modifying their nick' because giving out the token would not be secure - i need an additional handshake i think
    The token is not bound to the nickname.

Each token can only be used once. As soon as the user used the token, this token gets deleted and the user gets moved to the specified group of the token.

So this should be more secure than a password .

Thread Information