Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guide to setup teamspeak?

I've looked everywhere and I can't find a newbie-friendly guide to set up a ts3 server. I've tried following ts2 server setup guides but they dont really work the same as ts3 as i've seen.

I dl'd the client and server i opened the ts3server_win32.exe and it gave me my user/pass for admin but where is the actual server?

I read around but there are no noob-friendly guides on how to setup a ts server.

Someone said to look in logs for ips and stuff but mine all say 0.0.0.0.0 so on and others said something about an ini file but I think thats way far ahead of what I'm trying to figure out.

I just need a guide to help me setup a quick ts3 server for my cs1.6 team to use while we wait for our server to work with vent again which could take awhile.

Thanks~

50 views and no replies wtf?

by the looks of it (I am still trying to figure out how to connect to the server and setup channels and such) the window you have mentioned with the password IS your server running meaning if you use your client with the ip to the computer where the server is located and the port 9987 you can log on as guest-user with no problems

I don't know the standard settings for the server, so how many users it can contain is something I still have to find. but I have used my TS3 server with no problems by the above mentioned means

hf

Ok, This is what I did so far.

1) Opened the dos thingy for the server.
    2) entered my IP + port 9987 and connected
    3) opened the logg and took the token out and pasted it in token thing on TS.
    4) Made a few channels

I have a friend on here and it's working good. But how do I disable guests from making channels?

How can I also make people admins?

Thanks~

Also if I ever shut my pc off or reboot my pc will I have to go through and reset all the settings for it?

If you want a ts3 server that's up 24/7 you can come to mine; there are plenty of channels. If you have a lot of people I can make you a channel. btw, running a server on a home pc is a pain as most people have dynamic ips and are behind a router.

74.208.167.216 port:9987

I'm looking at your thread but what do you need mysql for?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowPin View Post
    I'm looking at your thread but what do you need mysql for?
    I'm using MySQL simply because I wanted to. If you're not wanting to use mysql then ignore the ts3db_mysql.ini and remove the lines starting with db from the ts3server.ini.
    Read it?

If you don't use MySQL then you use SQLite which TS is all configured for. Instructions are all within that thread - just follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by jwevrsn View Post
    Read it?

If you don't use MySQL then you use SQLite which TS is all configured for. Instructions are all within that thread - just follow them.
    do I NEED one of those? Cause I have the server up and running right now without them.

The only problem I'm having right now is figuring out how to login with that user/pass that the dos box thing brings up i clicked shift+ctrl+v or w/e the button is and clicked the top right box but when I hit login command it doesn't let me put any info in the boxes are gray'd out.

No if your using SQLite (default) and it's working continue using it.

Have you used your token yet? If not do.

That's normal, authentication = login command.

Then enter the 3 lines of command code and run it using the top left hand button.

Quote Originally Posted by jwevrsn View Post
    No if your using SQLite (default) and it's working continue using it.

Have you used your token yet? If not do.

That's normal, authentication = login command.

Then enter the 3 lines of command code and run it using the top left hand button.
    I used my token but I've logged in and out a few times does that matter?

I'm still confused on how to login with the serveradmin adn password thing that was generated at the start?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowPin View Post
    I used my token but I've logged in and out a few times does that matter?

I'm still confused on how to login with the serveradmin adn password thing that was generated at the start?
    If you can still see all the options on the permissions menu and they aren't greyed out then the token is good.

By setting authentication to 'login command' you are logging in with the first line of the command which executes the 75-100.

Fuck TS. Back to vent I go.

Wow...Mr. Impatient whiny pants...go back to something that won't be fixed or updated anymore...Bleh...I still can't get my access to 100 like I want...it just bans me for 600 seconds from using server query...I am so confused

**UPDATE**
    I was a retard...I got it working after I reinstalled the server...got everyone setup again...I now have talk power 100...ty you everyone!! Oh yeah...impatient whiny people belong to Vent...

Vents 1,000,000 times better than this piece of crap lol. I'm still willing to give it a chance but it won't compare to what vent is at all.

It's also the fact that you have to spend 20 minutes setting up a TS server the proper way and yet you can setup vent easily in like 5 seconds and you have much more customization with vent.

Thread Information