Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question password for channel isn't needed for subchannel ?

In Teamspeak 2 I could create a channel, assign a password to this channel and a user had to enter this password if he joined either this channel or one of its subchannels. Furthermore, once entered the user didn't have to re-enter the password if he switched inbetween subchannels of the password protected channel.

In Teamspeak 3 the password for a channel isn't needed for entering one of its subchannels, just for the channel itself. I could assign a password for every subchannel but then the user would have to enter a password every time he switches subchannels.

How can I implement the functionality I mentioned on top of this post into a Teamspeak 3 channel tree ??

Unhappy

Still no difference in the beta3 server.

I believe the user has to enable the password vault so they only have to enter the password once.

actually you need to set the password for every channel. we will fix this issue in one of the next builds.

Thank you! You guys rock!!
    I still hope we will be able to have sub-channels have separate passwords from the parent channel.
    Will this be possible?

excellent. Looking foreward to the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    actually you need to set the password for every channel. we will fix this issue in one of the next builds.
    Any chance of it being possible for us to block the inheritence of the password protection for a subchannel?

http://forum.teamspeak.com/attachmen...1&d=1261719817

Before on TS2 we had to have the Pre-Training Zone as a main channel above or below Promod Training channel. Now we can fit it in under the channel banner and it works nicely.

Also something we didn't like on TS2 was having one password filter down throughout all of the subchannels.

I personally see this as more of a positive feature then a negative one and wouldn't like to lose it.

b_channel_group_inheritance_end
    - Stop inheritance of Channel Group permissions

that works to stop channel groups... maybe we add a new flag which counts also for channel permissions / passwords etc

just not sure yet, this password issue is quite some work.

just not sure yet, this password issue is quite some work.
    Making it the TS2 way just limits things more, this way you have the flexibility.

I think people just might need to get used to the idea and maybe in some cases they may need to look at it and lose some of their password protected channels. If they really see this as a problem then they've probably gone over the top on password protected channels.

On the other hand it could be said that they just need to adjust the join power permissions for the channels and forget about password protection.

I'd say leave it as a feature how it is... I'm starting to get used to the permissions system now and I really do think TS2 styling the password protection would be a step backwards for the flexible management.

Since there is a join power rule i prefer to use it instead of password protected channels. No more asking about and loosing passwords and also you don't have to type it if u want to join a protected channel.

Hello, what about this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by duxford View Post
    Hello, what about this issue?
    This is the thread for this problem.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=49292
    And I am not sure, that this will be implmeneted befefore final release.

Thread Information