Forum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowsche View Post
    Well i fixed it for Winamp....

Just go to your Winamp install destination and backup "out_ds.dll" located in the Plugins folder (I copied it to Winamp root folder). Then deinstall the DirectSound Plugin in the Winamp Plugin Settings Menu (Winamp restarts in this moment). After that, close winamp, copy your backuped file back to the Plugins folder, restart Winamp and activate the DirectSound Plugin.

Then Winamp works for me fine again!
    I think thats absolutly Bulls***. Why should something change if you just put back the absolutly same plugin? I tried it but it doesnt work.

Sometimes the Winamp plugin works sometimes not, i think if i start winamp first and after that ts3, it works, but not stable. sometimes the plugin doesn't put back the volume in winamp.

thats my experience.

i have win 7 x64

sanderman,

In my experience with TS3 and Windows 7, TS3 by default sets the volume of Winamp and the System Sounds in the Windows volume control mixer. These are the per-application volume settings that were introduced in Windows 7.
    TS3 seems to have some issues with the API call or however it is done, so that leads us to compatibility mode:

If you set TS3's compatibility settings to Windows Vista (Windows XP would probably do the same), then TS3 will adjust Winamp's volume control knob directly. This seems to be a lot more reliable, with the following catch/bug: If somebody talks for a length of time (longer than the delay set in TS3), TS3 will reset the volume prematurely. Perhaps it is triggering the volume reduction on the keying in and keying out events only, rather than just "being" keyed in.

Now for that uninstalling out_ds.dll business, that doesn't sound right at all. It is highly possible that you have simply reset the plugin in an already-reduced state, thereby making it further reduce the volume, for example to 25% (50% of 50%) or even 12.5% (3 * 50%). If you haven't been using the aforementioned compatibility settings, the only way you will know this and be able to correct it is by opening the Windows 7 volume control mixer settings. Just click on the volume control icon in your system tray for a link to said mixer, then crank the Winamp and System Sounds settings back up to 100%.

whats the problem with windows 7 and the wasapi code?

i just tested it and it worked fine, can you report how to reproduce the bug?

Without using compatibility mode, what I have happen is that after a while of users talking, perhaps when they talk again a fraction of a second after the volume has been turned back up, eventually the volume will lock in the reduced position.

When using compatibility mode, Winamp seems to return to the high volume level if a user keeps talking for a long time (longer than the plugin delay setting, say 10 seconds) with no other keying activity present.

I can't really tell you more than that, other than I was running Server Beta6, I was Client Beta6, user 1 was Client Beta5, and user 2 was Client Beta2. User 2 was the one that did the most talking, and was usually the one talking when the problems happened.

In my tests (without compatibility mode, Win7 X64), the Winamp plugin didnt reduce the Sound volume directly, all bars and settings were at the same position. Then i tried to set the volume bar in the plugin settings to an other level and then the whole winamp volume went down and stayed at that level. In my case it was like 1/15 of the normal Sound volume. There was no chance to reset this behavior i tried a reboot, the volume bars (winamp, windows, ts3...), I didnt reinstall Winamp because an other guy here wrote that this didn't worked. I only was able to use the Wave Out codec in winamp with the normal volume settings.
    The last chance i saw was to reset the direct sound plugin and this worked (also for Cfyhx!). But this didn't solve the plugin problem, it only resets Winamp to its old volume settings for the direct sound plugin.

Well I tried the thing what RnDMonkey saied - its true, the Plugin only sets the single program volume for winamp (I missed to reset the new volume settings for each program 3days ago) down, but has its problems with the reset of its normal volume level.

i have also problems with the Winamp Plugin under Windows 7, sometimes the volume would not reset (from all apps).

If i enable Vista compatibility mode it works fine, but only the winamp's volume is reduced if someone speak.

ok.....

I want come back to the problems of the beginning.......I try to run the plug in under Win 7 x64......I tried it with running TS3 in compatibility mode but nothing....there is nothing reduced!!!! Has anyone any idea???

I'm using XP 64 and the plugin is just doing nothing. I used TS Chatter with TS2 before without any problems and it is still working with TS2. I'm using TS3 beta 11 (9881) and winamp 5.571. Is it possible that the plugin won't get executed somehow? Enabled is checked and I tried 0-5 delay, suppression 0-100 but nothing happens. Any ideas?

I´m using Vista x64, at the beginning the Plugin works more or less and after the last update nothing works.
    I miss the TS Chatter with TS2

the volume control plugin works FINE for me (i set the delay to 0).
    winamp 5.56 pro / win xp pro sp3 / ts 3.0.0 beta7 build 9525

But there is one concern which should get fixed:
    - player1 speaks -> volume goes down
    - player2 also starts speaking -> volume stays down
    - player1 stops speaking but player2 continues speaking -> volume goes up again due to player1 stop speaking

And very important, one suggestion!
    as i and probably many others run the output via their speakers please make an option that also sets the winamp volume down when yourself starts speaking!!!

Thank you invader, i wrote them down.

Well for me the Volume Control Plugin does not work either. I did enable it did the setup and all that but it just wont do anything. Running Windows 7 32bit here, Client 9931, Winamp 5.572 (Jan 13th 2010)
    I did try my own Winamp Control I wrote a few years ago and it's not having any Problems controlling Winamp, be it changing volume, track position etc. So it definately is not Windows to blame but Teamspeak!
    Dunno how Teamspeak tries to do it but here's how I did it back then:
    Code:
    WA_hwnd = FindWindow("Winamp v1.x", nil);
    SendMessage(WA_hwnd, WM_USER, <Volume Level (0-255)>, 122);

yeah it does not work for my also

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    the volume control plugin works FINE for me (i set the delay to 0).
    winamp 5.56 pro / win xp pro sp3 / ts 3.0.0 beta7 build 9525
    i updated TS to 3.0.0 beta12 build 9931 and now the plugin doesn´t work anymore at all.

Exclamation

Currently running 3.0.0-beta16 Build 10314 with Vista compatibility mode on Windows 7 32bit and the plugin does not work whatsoever.

Thread Information