Forum

Glancing into all channels option....

Little suggestion or more of a request actually.

By default the "glance into all channels" is deactivated and must be activated every time you join a server in order to see who's in other channels. For bigger servers this is fine but for small servers of up to 20-35 people it doesn't hurt to keep it active to see who's in the other channels as soon as you join in.

Would it be possible to activate a checkmark or an option to keep it ON by default instead ? Place it in the settings, options , application area and let the user decide if it should glance into all channels automatically when it joins into a server.

Thanks,

If you look in Settings -> Options -> Design there is actually an option thats "suppose" to expand all channels on login... but its busted

I noticed that functionality as well, however this is not quite the same.

Expanding channels feature expands the view of channels if there are many sub channels. up to how many sub channels it can view or expand for you automatically.

However it still does not allow you to view the users that are within these channels without either entering the channel manually or clicking on the Glance into all channels. The request i was making was to allow the Glance into all channels to be on by default or to provide an option to the users to do so.

Thanks,

Well yes, it should be on by default atleast on all subchannels. It seems a bit weird not to be able to see who's on the same channel as you (but differen subchannel) at first glance.

Well it does show me who's in existing channel as me, but anyone found in any other channels other then the default home channel do not appear unless we press on the Glance into all channels (subscribe to all channels).

Same issue will occur if i join a different channel by default when joining the server, I do not see who are in the other channels.

I have also tried the Automatically subscribe channels option found in:
    Settings, Options, Design, Other Settings : Automatically subscribe channels.

So far this has made no difference.

Guess we'll have to see what the DEV team comes up with. Maybe something to appear in a next beta release? of course that would be nice.

The new version (beta 3) of the client tomorrow should solve this problem:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=47123

Yup that's what I'm hoping for with the changes of Public and Clan modes' now if it could just be applied on a server level and not to have users change between public and clan modes.

Trying to make it as user-friendly as possible for new users moving over to Teamspeak 3.

how do you get permission to use this "Glance all channels" button? do you have to be a ServerAdmin?

Quote Originally Posted by mavmike View Post
    how do you get permission to use this "Glance all channels" button? do you have to be a ServerAdmin?
    I think it should be i_client_max_channel_subscriptions, set this to -1.
    This can be set to every server group.

Thread Information