Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

"Remove background noise", TTS and other things

* First of all - where is the BIG _CONNECT_ button? Why do i have to use some small menu Connections -> Connect, why can't I have a nice big clear button instead?

* This feature is currently turned on by default, however, it does quite significantly decrease voice quality and adds a digital "tone" to it. - It would be very appreciated if this feature was not enabled by default because every user I have has to turn it off, which is a tad annoying.

* You should be able to select a different TTS voice from within the TS client instead of having to navigate out into windows and open up seldom used pages.

* The sound pack volume control does not work for the TTS voice like it should.

* The channels should be able to have a phonetic name.

* Glance into all channels should be able to be turned on by default, either in client side or even more preferably in server side as well.

* Why show my Platform and Version for other users? To make sure they can find out if i have an "insecure" setup?

* Why show my Client ID, Database ID and Unique ID for other users? Perhaps only show for admin/SU etc?

* Custom channel icons set serverside would be nice

* Permission system - I wanna be able to copy a permission setting and clone it to a new group, or similair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    * First of all - where is the BIG _CONNECT_ button? Why do i have to use some small menu Connections -> Connect, why can't I have a nice big clear button instead?
    Yea...i guess it wouldn't hurt. Also adding the option to access the bookmarks from the connect menu would save time.

* This feature is currently turned on by default, however, it does quite significantly decrease voice quality and adds a digital "tone" to it. - It would be very appreciated if this feature was not enabled by default because every user I have has to turn it off, which is a tad annoying.
    Are you talking about the "remove background noise" option? I've seen people talking about it, but im unable to reproduce.

* You should be able to select a different TTS voice from within the TS client instead of having to navigate out into windows and open up seldom used pages.
    I don't think we need to go that specific. That isn't a thing that you need to change all the time for sure.

* The sound pack volume control does not work for the TTS voice like it should.
    This sound more relevant, but i don't think that will be easy.

* The channels should be able to have a phonetic name.
    Indifferent.

* Glance into all channels should be able to be turned on by default, either in client side or even more preferably in server side as well.
    The old Clan and Public modes are being reintroduced in BETA 3 to solve that issue.

* Why show my Platform and Version for other users? To make sure they can find out if i have an "insecure" setup?
    Point.

* Why show my Client ID, Database ID and Unique ID for other users? Perhaps only show for admin/SU etc?
    Its not that they can do much with it, cause the client and database IDs are for admin management and the unique ID is the public key, but again, theres no need to show that to normal users.

* Custom channel icons set serverside would be nice
    Indifferent.

* Permission system - I wanna be able to copy a permission setting and clone it to a new group, or similair.
    Never got really deep into permissions but that does sound like a nice feature to have.

Regards

Thread Information