Forum

File Sharing Redirect Option...

Can something like this be put in place?

Presently our TS3 host is saying they might not allow the feature to be enabled because within their testing so far... half the people are uploading illegal material and this is one feature we really wanted to use.

Our clan has a website host with unlimited space and bandwidth and to be able to use that as a redirect for TS3 would save us the hassle of either doing without the file sharing or having to look at another host for our TS3.

Would really appreciate an "official" response from the TS Team on this.

Thanks.

I agree on this option,

Example similar to Call of Duty 4, World at War, there are options where you can redirect your mods or usermaps from a webserver.

I'm wondering if there is a way to redirect your files from the file browser to be looking up files from a webserver or ftp server directly (configured via the server for proper access rights).

Just a thought but i like the idea of being able to redirect the file server traffic to another location other then the TS Server. Don't want the Teamspeak Voice bandwidth to be bogged down the the file transfers bandwidth.

A similar feature I like to have is that I can add a file that are already on the server, but in another folder. It seems not possible until now.

Quote Originally Posted by drakowolf View Post
    I agree on this option,

Example similar to Call of Duty 4, World at War, there are options where you can redirect your mods or usermaps from a webserver.

I'm wondering if there is a way to redirect your files from the file browser to be looking up files from a webserver or ftp server directly (configured via the server for proper access rights).

Just a thought but i like the idea of being able to redirect the file server traffic to another location other then the TS Server. Don't want the Teamspeak Voice bandwidth to be bogged down the the file transfers bandwidth.
    Yup, exactly what I was thinking when I posted this, because we have our redirect for World at War on our web host. And in regards to your comment about bandwidth issue... thats also basically what my TS3 host was saying also... worried about everyone transferring files left and right and taxing their servers.

Basically at this point I have given up on messing with learning permissions, because like I told my host.. I dont want to spend so much time getting it all setup and then they opt to not enable the file transfer. Because then I am forced to find another host that DOES offer the transfer and go through the whole permissions process over again.

But if a Redirect could be implemented... it would save me from having to worry about what my host decides and not only that.... but I also wont have to worry about any kind of extra fee if they go that route and wont have to be concerned with any limits... like bandwidth etc etc.

Bumping so it doesn't get lost... and still waiting for an official reply.

R. Ludwig... could you comment on this?

that would be a great option if they added this!

Wanted to bump this in hopes that I can get a reply from R. Ludwig

And awesome job fixing the Phonetic Nickname!! Works like a charm now and no hoops to jump through. Good job guys!

EDIT: Sweet! now ya got Channel Phonetics!! You guys rock!

Agreed I forsee a lot of ATHP not allowing File sharing
    A redirect would be great but it would have to be editiable by a SA

Good example you could use a ftp server
    When a Client goes to download a file it would take the ftp credentials supplied by the server and force a ftp://soandso:[email protected]

or even add ftp or http

The file sharing acts like a ftp client anyway just shove a little ftp code in

Hey Ludwig... I give ya $5 to look into this

well yes, we plan todo this.. but thats not an "priority item"

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXimus View Post
    Hey Ludwig... I give ya $5 to look into this
    lesson 1, money is not all.

Ludwig... I know you said that this feature isn't priority, but was hoping you might be able to shed some light on when we might see something like this? I wouldn't expect an exact date, but maybe like... next beta... few more beta's... not till retail.

I hate to press the issue but I really hate to have to find another host because I would prefer we rent everything from one place to save me the hassle of worrying about going to this place or that place for support. Figured if this option might be seen fairly soon, then I would stick around to check it out.

And our current provider I feel is purposly not fixing the transfers since they don't want to worry about policing people who are transfering illegal file. So any information you might be able to divulge would be appreciated.

Thread Information