Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Client continuously moves mouse cursor to the top of the screen

When: After client startup, on the first run after fresh startup, then ctrl+alt+delete to close it(using the keyboard as the mouse is still stuck on the top of the screen) and then it usually works when I start it up again
    What: Client continuously moves mouse cursor to the top/buttom of the screen. If you move the mouse away from the edge it moves a split second and then jumps back to the edge again. Only application that does this on this computer.
    Versions?: Client: Beta 1+2+5 64bit - Server: Beta 1+2+3+5 64bit
    System: Windows 7 64 bit, fully updated. Same with gfx drivers.

Feel free to contact me if you need further information.
    Last edited by carbonic; December 23rd, 2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Investigated further

Hmm, it seems I'm the only one with this bug. Strange. Wonder if it might be my system, but have no idea why that or TS should take control over the cursor.

I have the same exact issue on TS3. Did you figure out how to resolve this? I recently updated my tS3 and it still does this. It also appears that it is hitting the 'd' key, until I remove focus from the Teamspeak 3 client.

Please check your hotkey setting. Maybe you have set an hotkey.
    Also make sure, that no joytiskc or controlelr is plugged in. Saitek devices, can cause errors.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Please check your hotkey setting. Maybe you have set an hotkey.
    Also make sure, that no joytiskc or controlelr is plugged in. Saitek devices, can cause errors.
    Bumping this thread because my TS3 is doing this also.

Yes, I have a Saitek X65F and yes when I turn off the joystick profile TS3 doesn't do it anymore.

But to say it's a Saitek problem is a seriously bogus copout, because I have that profile loaded CONSTANTLY and NOTHING else on the entire machine exhibits the stupid mouse cursor behavior that TS3 does.

It's a TEAMSPEAK problem, and needs to be addressed.

It might be that Saitek detects TeamSpeak as some sort of "gaming" application and then activates the mouse control through the joystick so that game movement is controlled by the joystick which effectively is nothing else than moving the mouse cursor through the joystick. Properly configuring the joystick might potentially help though it needs to be fixed in the Saitek drivers. TeamSpeak doesn't control the mouse cursor in any way, it just checks for joystick key presses in case you would use hotkeys on the joystick...
    If the Joystick drivers misinterpret that and control the mouse there is not much we can do about that.

I appreciate the reply, but I do have a follow-up question.

If this isn't a TS3 issue, then why is it that no other programs on my PC exhibit this issue? Including Ventrilo, btw.

Your software is the only program that displays this problem.

It might be that you created a profile in the control/driver software for TeamSpeak and hence it detects and activates Joystick mouse movement if TeamSpeak is running, we cannot explain it otherwise since as explained above we do not control the mouse cursor.
    Check your game profiles, maybe TeamSpeak is included one of them, remove it from there and it should be fine.

I'm sent off an email to Saitek detailing the issue, but I have to insist this is a Teamspeak problem.

I hadn't even INSTALLED TS3 when I had my game profile created for my X-65F. Upon installing the latest TS3, and starting it for the VERY FIRST time, this issue happened.

Again, Ventrilo doesn't do this.
    Mumble doesn't do this.
    Skype doesn't do this.

Pretty hard to defend that this is someone else's fault when your program is the only one exhibiting the issue.

If Saitek has included TeamSpeak in a profile or just activates the stuff when TeamSpeak is running, this could very well be true...
    Just because you didn't have TeamSpeak installed when you created the profile doesn't mean their driver software doesn't detect it afterwards when it is being installed.

Thread Information