Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Hybrid View

Exclamation Need Help Creating a Server

Okay.... I'm really confused at this point. I have been trying to create a TS3 server on my Macbook, but it hasn't been working out. I looked at all the How-To's for Windows computers, but they were both unintelligible and useless, as I'm not a computer pro, nor do I use windows. =/ So I'm just begging someone to explain how to create a server to me.

Thanks a ton,
    Regnar

The server_quickstart.txt file contains details on how to run the server on a Mac. Why try and follow Windows or Linux instructions?

The basic idea is that you just need to unzip the server archive, and then cd into it from terminal and run ./ts3server_mac.

Egh...

Sorry, I really appreciate the help, but I don't really understand what cd'ing is, and what archive am I supposed to unzip? The original file, right?

I looked into the file that you said I should but it appears to be confusing also. This is what it says, bold portions are sections I do not understand:

Download the file teamspeak3-server-mac.zip, which includes an universal
    binary running on both Intel and PowerPC Macintosh computers. Copy the archive
    into a directory of your choice and extract it using Finder or the Terminal
    application.

$ unzip teamspeak3-server_mac.zip
    $ cd teamspeak3-server_mac
    $ ./ts3server_mac

Perform those instructions in a terminal. Go to your Applications -> Utilities folder, then open the Terminal program. A terminal is a local command shell that is somewhat analogous to the old DOS command windows in Microsoft land. It looks like the Teamspeak server is intended to be run in a terminal.

Yup

Yeah, I actually got that by messing around :P but now I got a lot of lines of info, and I'm assuming the few lines I'm going to need are these:

Server Query Admin Acccount created
    loginname= "serveradmin", password= "********" (blocking out the password)

And I just realized that here is something called the token: TtkBlZs2ND2LerJTIj

I was reading one of the .docs and learned that it is important.

Where should I use the login name and password and/or the token? I was glancing around the forums but couldn't find anything.

Check out the files in your server's doc/ directory. They explain what to do with tokens and how to get started.

Thread Information