Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Exclamation Need Help Creating a Server

Okay.... I'm really confused at this point. I have been trying to create a TS3 server on my Macbook, but it hasn't been working out. I looked at all the How-To's for Windows computers, but they were both unintelligible and useless, as I'm not a computer pro, nor do I use windows. =/ So I'm just begging someone to explain how to create a server to me.

Thanks a ton,
    Regnar

The server_quickstart.txt file contains details on how to run the server on a Mac. Why try and follow Windows or Linux instructions?

The basic idea is that you just need to unzip the server archive, and then cd into it from terminal and run ./ts3server_mac.

Egh...

Sorry, I really appreciate the help, but I don't really understand what cd'ing is, and what archive am I supposed to unzip? The original file, right?

I looked into the file that you said I should but it appears to be confusing also. This is what it says, bold portions are sections I do not understand:

Download the file teamspeak3-server-mac.zip, which includes an universal
    binary running on both Intel and PowerPC Macintosh computers. Copy the archive
    into a directory of your choice and extract it using Finder or the Terminal
    application.

$ unzip teamspeak3-server_mac.zip
    $ cd teamspeak3-server_mac
    $ ./ts3server_mac

Perform those instructions in a terminal. Go to your Applications -> Utilities folder, then open the Terminal program. A terminal is a local command shell that is somewhat analogous to the old DOS command windows in Microsoft land. It looks like the Teamspeak server is intended to be run in a terminal.

Yup

Yeah, I actually got that by messing around :P but now I got a lot of lines of info, and I'm assuming the few lines I'm going to need are these:

Server Query Admin Acccount created
    loginname= "serveradmin", password= "********" (blocking out the password)

And I just realized that here is something called the token: TtkBlZs2ND2LerJTIj

I was reading one of the .docs and learned that it is important.

Where should I use the login name and password and/or the token? I was glancing around the forums but couldn't find anything.

Check out the files in your server's doc/ directory. They explain what to do with tokens and how to get started.

I took a look

I took a look, but as I'm not really a pro I can't figure any of it out Would you specifiy which document explains what?

I read them all, but I truly can't understand. If someone can put it simply - no matter the length of the writing - I would be happy.

EDIT: Ohhhh... do I need to pay for a license? If so then that must be why I am so confused. I'm not gonna pay, bu thanks anyway!
    Last edited by xregnarpurex; December 23rd, 2009 at 01:17 AM.

No you don't have to buy a license. If your server doesn't find a license it "falls back" to limited functionality which means that you are able to set up 1 virtual server with 32 slots (so that 32 people are able to be at your server at the same time).

If that isn't enough you can register free at tritoncia.com and will receive a license with which you are able to set up 512 slots (for free) using up to 10 virtual servers. All you have to do is register yourself at given link above.
    This "free" license is a so called NPL (non-profit license).

excuse me for any language or license mistakes - I would appreciate any corrections

start server
    start client
    connect client to server
    use token in client to gain SA. (token is a 1 time use "item" after you are SA you can make tokens for others so they can get access to server while you are away if need)
    use serveradmin + pass in server query (a ts internal telnet client since there is no web admin pannel jet) to change vaules there like make SA to SuperSA

like:
    Code:
    login serveradmin yourpasswordhere
    use sid=1
    servergroupaddclient sgid=2 cldbid=2

as long you don't charge anything from other so they can use ur server you can get a None Profilt License (NPL) from http://www.tritoncia.com for free. this license allows you 512 slots in total max 10 servers (1 with 512 or like 10 with 51 each and so on).

without license you only may hist 1 server with max 32 slots.

i hope thisn makes you happy.

how can i change the ip ?

When i starting the ts 3 server i always geting the same ip 0.0.0.0. vor voice and all other how can i change this on mac ?

Thread Information