Forum

Voice Quality Issues on Win 7 64-bit

Hello,
    Me and some friends got a TeamSpeak 3 server going today and we all got our clients setup and working, but for some reason my voice quality is terrible (it sounds robotic at times), this isnt happening for anyone else on the server, only me. Our Codec is set to the Speex Ultra-wide Band, so I dont think the codec is an issue either. My sound card is the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality Professional Series, could this be whats causing the problem? I have tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions and both are the same. Has anyone else had this issue or is there some setting I need to tweak or something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :P

From everything i've read, and my own experiences, it just has something to do with that codec and the bandwidth you have to use. I notice robotic noises at times when there is too much being pushed through the server, or when the servers upload is being pushed to max basically. It also occurs when other members can't push through enough (ie, when uploading files to the server). Its not necessarily that theres too much being pushed through, just seems like the codec isn't as great at handling that sorta stuff like some others are. I've tried using the celc mono codec for talking, and although the bandwidth requirement is MUCH higher (near 20kb/s) it sounds crystal clear, where as the speex wideband quality 10 has weird noises even at the best of times on our local server. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah but like, im the only one on the server with this issue, something has to be wrong on my end.. :\

i had a the same problem.
    im using a logitech g35 headset (usb)
    after changing the record type from directsound to windows media my voice was clear . no robotic sounds

I'm on the same headset without changing the record type. I've not had any issues with sounding robotic aside from the bandwidth issue. But everyone on my server has the same problems when there is limited bandwidth, no matter what hardware they are using. I'll mess around with the record type and tell others too as well, see if theres any improvement when bandwidth is low.

please let us know what you find out, I am having similar issues with certain people sounding like robots.

sounds very 'tinny' to me with some robotic undertones.

Thread Information