Forum

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Maybe also 15$ will be ok, if you get all updates for free forever. But pay every year (every major version) again 10$ just for a TS Overlay. Oh no, not with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    Maybe also 15$ will be ok, if you get all updates for free forever. But pay every year (every major version) again 10$ just for a TS Overlay. Oh no, not with me!
    Agreed. One time fee of 15$ and I'm in.

their response to my two questions on their forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnyhen
    one question though.
    i couldn't find this info on the voipoverlay page but does the registration fee cover all future updates?

also another question: if i buy it, can i use it on both my pc when i'm home and on my laptop when i'm on the road?
    Quote Originally Posted by playclaw
    All future updates will be free.
    You may useit on your desktop&laptop, our activation system will recognize this.
    So it's a one-time $15 fee

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnyhen View Post
    their response to my two questions on their forums.

So it's a one-time $15 fee
    Thanks, so it sounds quiet interesting.

Ya, my main point about the fee was it's for a year. That's silly. FRAPS is $37 for life. That is double. Shoot, I paid $20 for the CS4 collection at my University and it's forever. $30/year for video capture is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by MIGhunter View Post
    Ya, my main point about the fee was it's for a year. That's silly. FRAPS is $37 for life. That is double. Shoot, I paid $20 for the CS4 collection at my University and it's forever. $30/year for video capture is ugly.
    that's not really a valid thing your saying there.
    your CS4 license isn't for life, it's for school.. if you wanna use it on something you wanna charge money for you need another, the normal, expensive, license.
    i'd go on a limb and say you'd probably aren't even allowed to use it anymore when your done with uni.

for a normal piece of software $30 isn't bad at all i think if it works properly.
    they also stated it's for the major version, so 1.x 2.x 3.x and that the next major version isn't due for a while (until the next windows maybe). if you own it you pay a 50% upgrade fee (i see companies charge you massive $$$ every major release, i.e. adobe )

it's either this or wait for someone to code a free thingy when it happens.
    i've been waiting for TINT eagerly to go atleast into beta. if that's better i might still switch but until then this will do me fine for $15

simple overlay for linux

hello,

i justed hacked together a small overlay plugin for linux using the xosd library, you can get the source here: http://ts3xosd.in-verted.de/browser
    you will need cmake, libxosd and the teamspeak3 headers to build the plugin

Quote Originally Posted by leonhard View Post
    hello,

i justed hacked together a small overlay plugin for linux using the xosd library, you can get the source here: http://ts3xosd.in-verted.de/browser
    If someone can get this working in windows, I'd give them... Well, a kiss or something.

hello,

The idea is great, and it is working on my desktop, but it does not overlay on fullscreen applications (games).

Quote Originally Posted by zlydk View Post
    The idea is great, and it is working on my desktop, but it does not overlay on fullscreen applications (games).
    What kind of game is it not working with ? i tested it with WoW under wine, maybe there is some problem with native linux games, i will have a look at it.

What kind of game is it not working with ? i tested it with WoW under wine, maybe there is some problem with native linux games, i will have a look at it.
    I have tested the following:
    Native: Urban Terror ( http://www.urbanterror.net/ ) (which is ioquake)
    Native: Quake II (action quake 2)
    Cedega: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
    Wine: C&C Generals Zero Hour
    None seemed to work.

It seems to be because of the resolution change. The overlay actually does work, if i change resolution before enabling the plugin, and then starting the game(s). (Or run the games in the same resolution as my desktop).

If enabling the plugin at my usual 1600x1200, and then changing to e.g. 1024x768 (using xrandr), the overlay is not working (not visible) at the desktop, so it's obvious that it would not work in a game set to a lower resolution as well.
    Last edited by zlydk; January 6th, 2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: mistyping

I have tested the following:
    Native: Urban Terror ( http://www.urbanterror.net/ ) (which is ioquake)
    Native: Quake II (action quake 2)
    Cedega: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
    Wine: C&C Generals Zero Hour
    None seemed to work.
    i just took a look at the libxosd source, and my best guess is, that it's a "bug" in libxosd. it seems that kde-like and gnome-like windowmanagers are supported, maybe you are running a more exotic/brand new one ?

edit: i planned to add some configuration options so you can specify the position. it might also be possible to check for resolution changes and reload the overlay in case of such an event.

i just took a look at the libxosd source, and my best guess is, that it's a "bug" in libxosd. it seems that kde-like and gnome-like windowmanagers are supported, maybe you are running a more exotic/brand new one ?
    I use kde4, i believe the res changer uses randr.

edit: i planned to add some configuration options so you can specify the position. it might also be possible to check for resolution changes and reload the overlay in case of such an event.
    Resolution change detection + re-init would be nice :-)

Edit: I just tried calling xosd_destroy() and xosd_create() everytime update_osd() is called. It's ugly and should be substituted for resolution change detection, but it does work ;-)
    Last edited by zlydk; January 6th, 2010 at 09:01 PM.

Resolution change detection + re-init would be nice :-)

Edit: I just tried calling xosd_destroy() and xosd_create() everytime update_osd() is called. It's ugly and should be substituted for resolution change detection, but it does work ;-)
    i just checked in an update where the position is reset on every draw, can you please check if it works for you ? destroying and reinit is quite ugly because it will create a new (transparent) window, which will result in flicker.

Thread Information