Forum

[Request] IRC implementation

Hello,

One of the first things that I thought about the first time starting ts3 how nice it would be to implement IRC into the chat Tabs. So if you join a community ts3 server you also join the community irc channel and you can chat in the IRC channel using ts3.

So I just wanted to know if there is a possibility to realise something like this or if it is possible to create a plugin or s.th like that.

I do not really know much about the programming of ts3 so it would be nice if s.b. could tell me if it is possible somehow.

Label

That's exactly what i thought too.
    I testes the TS3 server for the first time right now and I love it! But an IRC chat in the same windows would make it absolutely perfect
    So we could provide our IRC chat and TeamSpeak Server in one and those who like talking with a headset could chat with those who don't without using another software.

Please could somebody tell if there is a possibility to implement that?

sorry but that is something we wont do... maybe someone can write a plugin which can give this functionality

Quote Originally Posted by steeph View Post
    That's exactly what i thought too.
    I testes the TS3 server for the first time right now and I love it! But an IRC chat in the same windows would make it absolutely perfect
    So we could provide our IRC chat and TeamSpeak Server in one and those who like talking with a headset could chat with those who don't without using another software.

Please could somebody tell if there is a possibility to implement that?
    Using the ts3 chat instead of an ordinary IRC-Client is maybe a little bit uncomfortable. The Chatwindow is smaller and you don't have access to the ts3-functions like the Fileserver from the IRC-Client, afaik is irc don't supporting html or bb-code etc.
    Would realy overload the TS3-Client when u want to add an irc-client in it, especially because TS3 is just a way to old for wasting time with it.

Thread Information