Forum

My experience on TS3 Server setup, including crashes

Firstly hi all.

Initially i thought the setup of the server was a little over the top, but after playing around with a only a few of the settings, i'm growing to love it.

The first problem i had though was random server crashes, as many others have also had. I followed a few leads that were posted here, and it turned out to be tsviewer causing the problem, simply changed the query port and hey presto, all was good (well so far anyway).

The setup of admin rights i can see being daunting for some at the moment, but with some care and persistance it seems to have worked out well for me, again using guides and tips from these forums.

Basically i just wanted to say thanks for those that have taken the time to post helpful information, and thank the devs for their hard work.

Looking forward to moving onto TS3 for good, and retiring the overworked TS2 server.

Regards

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by One-B View Post
    Firstly hi all.

Initially i thought the setup of the server was a little over the top, but after playing around with a only a few of the settings, i'm growing to love it.

The first problem i had though was random server crashes, as many others have also had. I followed a few leads that were posted here, and it turned out to be tsviewer causing the problem, simply changed the query port and hey presto, all was good (well so far anyway).

The setup of admin rights i can see being daunting for some at the moment, but with some care and persistance it seems to have worked out well for me, again using guides and tips from these forums.

Basically i just wanted to say thanks for those that have taken the time to post helpful information, and thank the devs for their hard work.

Looking forward to moving onto TS3 for good, and retiring the overworked TS2 server.

Regards

Chris
    Yea. I am screwing around with the server on my PC so i can get used to the permissions system. My issues are the permissions system. I am going o have to read the server files again. But i am just loving the TS3 clients GUI. ITs just amazing. and the fact that there is no more Web interface, Registrations, and that everything about permissions is handled client side. After i get used to the permissions and after a few more simple bugs are fixed, I will switch to it.

I barely even want to go back to my TS2 server or Client anymore...

I have made a discussion channel on the offical TS3 Server, join

voice.teamspeak.com port: 9987

Channel: Server Crash bug discussion (Windows)

Come in and maybe together we can solve it

Thread Information