Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post How to register my Server for 512 Slots

Hi there,
    I used Teamspeak 2 for Game Clan Purposes for very long now and i am completely satisfied with it.

But testing Teamspeak 3 I realized that with a non-registered copy of an Server only 32 slots on 1 Virtual machine can be used legally.

Where can I register for the 512 Slot License and can inform myself about possible costs and my obligations with the license ?

Thank you for answering me.

Thanks a lot for the answer^^

i have registered and have the licence installed. how do i increase the max users for my server now?

I can't figure this out either. The manual indicates how to edit the server, but everything I've tried doesn't work. I have the license for up to 512 clients, but via the TS3 interface it's grayed out and trying putty to edit the server doesn't work when following the PDF instructions to set max clients.

Right-Click your server name in the client. Go to "Edit Virtual Server." In there, change the "Max Clients" from 32 to whatever you want.

will it cost money? maybe a dumb question..

Quote Originally Posted by hoser1970 View Post
    I have the license for up to 512 clients, but via the TS3 interface it's grayed out
    He said in his posting he can't edit this setting.

The same problem appeared on my Server. After updating the Server to Beta 5 and uploading the licensefile i restarted it with the "cleardatabase" command because a "normal" restart take no effect.

After re-gaining Administrator access using the provided Token i was able to change the settings for virtualserver maxclients up to 512 via the client menu.

Indeed, using the "clearDatabase" command resets ALL settings made before to default values, e.g. channels and groupsettings. So try to restart your Server and client the "normal way" BEFORE you restart it with the cleardatabase-command!

But all users may remember: The TS3-Software is BETA and should NOT be used as a "productive System". Everything else is "own risk".

Quote Originally Posted by Dracu1 View Post
    will it cost money? maybe a dumb question..
    For Non-Profit purposes its free.
    Last edited by Sani9000; December 22nd, 2009 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. Excreta View Post
    Right-Click your server name in the client. Go to "Edit Virtual Server." In there, change the "Max Clients" from 32 to whatever you want.
    It's unchangeable for me. License file was installed correctly and is working fine(from logs).

2009-12-22 19:37:23.633174|INFO |Accounting | | Licensing Information
    2009-12-22 19:37:23.634174|INFO |Accounting | | licensed to : XXX
    2009-12-22 19:37:23.634674|INFO |Accounting | | type : Non-profit

Tealk Guest
    i cant edit my client slots

Quote Originally Posted by Sani9000 View Post
    He said in his posting he can't edit this setting.

The same problem appeared on my Server. After updating the Server to Beta 5 and uploading the licensefile i restarted it with the "cleardatabase" command because a "normal" restart take no effect.

After re-gaining Administrator access using the provided Token i was able to change the settings for virtualserver maxclients up to 512 via the client menu.

Indeed, using the "clearDatabase" command resets ALL settings made before to default values, e.g. channels and groupsettings. So try to restart your Server and client the "normal way" BEFORE you restart it with the cleardatabase-command!

But all users may remember: The TS3-Software is BETA and should NOT be used as a "productive System". Everything else is "own risk".

For Non-Profit purposes its free.
    That's nice and all, but I was not replying to him.

yeah about the cleardatabase command where do i use it or is their a option?

Do you guys EVER read documentation supplied with product?
    It's clearly explained in doc/server_quickstart.txt

Exclamation

I do not even get the License running.

2009-12-22 20:35:33.821505|WARNING |Accounting | | Unable to find valid license key, falling back to limited functionality

I copied the Licensekey.txt file, which was was attached to the Mail from Triton CI and put it in the same directory where the Server EXE File is but it continues saying that it is unable to find valid license key.
    Could it be that AOL Mail has something changed on that attachment ?

Maybe somebody can help me with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd1973 View Post
    I do not even get the License running.

2009-12-22 20:35:33.821505|WARNING |Accounting | | Unable to find valid license key, falling back to limited functionality

I copied the Licensekey.txt file, which was was attached to the Mail from Triton CI and put it in the same directory where the Server EXE File is but it continues saying that it is unable to find valid license key.
    Could it be that AOL Mail has something changed on that attachment ?

Maybe somebody can help me with that.
    should be licensekey.dat

Thread Information