Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Server upgrade to beta5 - Adding the permissions mentioned in changelog

Hey there,

in the changelog for beta5, it says that two new permissions were added and that I "need to manually add" these if I am upgrading the server. So my question is: How do I do this? If I try to set these permissions in the client, they instantly reset. Do I need to modify the database to add the permissions?

Best regards,
    Stalker

Same here :/

Is This What Your Looking For
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermeist0r View Post
    Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 75, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 75, 0, 0);

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyP View Post
    Is This What Your Looking For
    yes, thank you!

uuh thx

in the Changelog you can find the following lines
    + added permission PERMISSION_b_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker _dimm_modificator
    you need to manually add this permission if you are upgrading the server
    + added PERMISSION_b_virtualserver_modify_log_settings
    you need to manually add this permission if you are upgrading the server
    ! + added VIRTUALSERVER_LOG_CLIENT, VIRTUALSERVER_LOG_QUERY, VIRTUALSERVER_LOG_CHANNEL
    VIRTUALSERVER_LOG_PERMISSIONS, VIRTUALSERVER_LOG_SERVER, VIRTUALSERVER_LOG_FILETRANSFER
    to virtualserver properties
    default logging disabled except for permissions
    ! default permissions are more end-user friendly
    so i think with your sql code you have passed the first and the second of the permission steps. But you didn't passed the third step, so you can't activate the logging options.
    You can see this, if you add yourself to the Admin Server Query group and the have a look in the TSł Client at your VirtualServer modification Options under Protocoll.
    Then the checkbox for permissions are deactivated.
    There for you have to add the following lines to.
    I have extracted them from a fresh created sqlite database on a beta5 server.
    Code:
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_client', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_query', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_channel', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_permissions', '1');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_server', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_filetransfer', '0');
    (hope it's easy to understand, and my english isn't to worse)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat3006 View Post
    in the Changelog you can find the following lines

so i think with your sql code you have passed the first and the second of the permission steps. But you didn't passed the third step, so you can't activate the logging options.
    You can see this, if you add yourself to the Admin Server Query group and the have a look in the TSł Client at your VirtualServer modification Options under Protocoll.
    Then the checkbox for permissions are deactivated.
    There for you have to add the following lines to.
    I have extracted them from a fresh created sqlite database on a beta5 server.
    Code:
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_client', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_query', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_channel', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_permissions', '1');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_server', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_filetransfer', '0');
    (hope it's easy to understand, and my english isn't to worse)
    Do this work under Mysql?

i didn't tested it, but it should work, the syntax should be correct, because it is SQL, so it doesn't should matter, if you apply it to sqlite oder mysql...

but only for prediction you should make a backup before, so you can restore the last working state...

it would be nice, if you report if it worked, or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat3006 View Post
    i didn't tested it, but it should work, the syntax should be correct, because it is SQL, so it doesn't should matter, if you apply it to sqlite oder mysql...

but only for prediction you should make a backup before, so you can restore the last working state...

it would be nice, if you report if it worked, or not...

Well, I did a kamikaze run and tryed the queries directly on phpmyadmin... and it worked on a beta 3 based DB over the beta 5 binaries...

After inserting the new tables the server must be restarted and then the permissions will be available for selection directly on the beta 5 client.

Thank you for your help.

cool, thanks for report

if have done this on an beta2 sqlite database, but between beta1 to beta3 database shouldn't be any difference, because nothing of any database change is reported at the changelog, till beta5

I made a quick tutorial on how to do the server upgrade.

didn't you forget the server_properties ?
    in the changelog they didn't said, that you have to add them, but they are in an fresh created database from the tsł beta5/6 server.
    And they are necessary for activating the logging for clients or sql query.

Maybe, I don't know I just looked around on the forums for the various insert commands needed and rolled them into one. Could you link any references? Damn, I wish the developers would be more helpful with the exact database upgrade procedures.

yes, already posted in post #6 in this thread, hope it helps you...
    I found it on my own, tried it, and it worked for me, and another one has reported, that it worked for him on an mysql database to...

yes I agree with you, the devs could be more informativ if they make db changes..
    an update sql file for example would help a lot, and should'nt be any problem, because they have to do write the command on the one or the other way...

an database update function in the server binary would be the best, if it's secure, and doesn't destroy the database...

Can someone make this thread as Sticki? (Or at least the document sheet...). With lots of updates and releases this quetion will arise every time.

Thread Information