Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Update from Beta 3 to 5: SQL commands to execute?!

The changelog says:
    + added permission PERMISSION_b_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker _dimm_modificator
    you need to manually add this permission if you are upgrading the server
    + added PERMISSION_b_virtualserver_modify_log_settings
    you need to manually add this permission if you are upgrading the server
    I am not very common in editing SQL databases.

Can someone post what I have to insert in the "Insert SQL" section to get the new permissions to work?

I have 2 servers (sid 1 and sid 2).

Thanks in advance!

Same here - need to know how to upgrade from 3->5

I have done this now:
    Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 75, 0, 0);
    and this:
    Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 75, 0, 0);
    I see the new rights, but I am unable to activate them. I am Level 100 admin (via serverquery).

Does anyone know how to activate these new permissions?

Rightclick on the setting and select "Add Grant Permission".
    Afterwards you are able to edit the value.

That's not working.

I tried both options: "Recht hinzufügen" and "Vergaberecht hinzufügen", which should be in english "Add permission" and "Add grant permission" I guess.

But I get a "insufficient permission modify power" in the chat, everytime I try to do that.

What can I do in this case?

Well - i just did it. I used the sql-code from Jaegermeister in the other topic.
    Permissions are visible and after "Add Grant Permission" a value of 100 is set and modifyable.

Are you sure you performed all sql-upgrades from the previous releases correctly? Are you ServerQuery Admin?

Hmm heres something odd
    I added it the code and it wiped out the server admin token for the second virtual server
    I restored the database beore i added and they got server admin back i reimported the code and it wiped it out again

Quote Originally Posted by arn354 View Post
    Well - i just did it. I used the sql-code from Jaegermeister in the other topic.
    Permissions are visible and after "Add Grant Permission" a value of 100 is set and modifyable.

Are you sure you performed all sql-upgrades from the previous releases correctly? Are you ServerQuery Admin?
    Yes I performed the other SQL commands from the previous release beta 2 also.
    And yes, I am Server Query Admin (look at the screen).

But the new permissions are grayed out, and not grantable. I get an error everytime I try to grant these new rights.

Should I do the SQL commands again, with my backup sqlite database?

Edit:
    I reedited my sqlite database file with the SQL code, and now it works!
    Last edited by Merlok; December 23rd, 2009 at 09:19 AM.

Did you restart your server after the first try?

Yep I did. But maybe there was something wrong with the database.

As I said, the 2nd time it did work.

1. why are there no offical upgrade instructions?
    2. what do i have to do when i upgraded from beta3 to beta5 linux amd64 server running with sqlite

Quote Originally Posted by rotanid View Post
    1. why are there no offical upgrade instructions?
    There are upgrade instructions in the changelog. Please read my first post!
    They could be more explained but indeed there are some kind of instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by rotanid View Post
    2. what do i have to do when i upgraded from beta3 to beta5 linux amd64 server running with sqlite
    Did you read this thread, or did you just reply?

The instructions for how to upgrade from Beta 3 to 5 are explained in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlok View Post
    I have done this now:
    Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator", 75, 0, 0);
    and this:
    Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 75, 0, 0);
    You have to do that via phpmyadmin or some tool which can edit sqlite databases. This depends on your TS3 setup.

Well, this solution works just for Standard Setup with standard groups in the right management. If there are mor groups, or edited ones you can crash your db with the sql commands:

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    as long your server still has the same groupids, alls is fine. beyond that you will probably destroy your setup.
    Before i did it on my srever by the sql commands, i searched the server querry docu, but i dont find any option to add permission. Just overview, list and find.

Perhaps it is not possible atm? Dont knwo, but there is no inofficial and no official post, about how to add the perms by server querry.. or i did not find it.. or its hidden.. or stolen by aliens.. maybe.. dunno.

Ok, but what do we have to do if we have modified groups or complete new groups?

As far as I understand the SQL commands these are new tables and so they are inserted (please note that I am not much in common with SQL).

will every update be like having to execute sql cmds by myself?

Thread Information