Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Can TS3 be installed as service?

1. I see a solution here for TS2
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=6265
    Is there such a thing for TS3....?
    2. Is there any patch or mode( like ts3server_win32.exe -console) so I can run it on the background?

Thank you,
    Alex.

To run any applications or programs on Windows as a service. It's possible with only one-click-run applications and yes, ts does with server executable itself with parameters. You should just add it manually by registry or using any 3rd-party that could help you to add it like Firedaemon.

I don't think TS3 server/daemon itself supports service mode. If we try to add it by using 3rd-party applications or registry or even the service installation from TS3 itself(not now, maybe not available). Yes, it runs fine. But when you have to stop the service, it won't be a graceful shutdown, it will just kill or send an exit command to your process(better than kill, but only available for native supported service mode applications).

I think it's a good idea to have a background mode with System Tray icon left for foreground management like TS RC2 Server does.

I wonder if it would crash MySQL tables someday since I'm running my TS3 in a service mode by Firedaemon, will it? Because it's beta and I keep start/stop it and am sure I will always be doing it a lot because I love to play. Just wonder

Let's wait for full version, devs might add this feature for us by demand since lots of us are requesting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Master View Post
    To run any applications or programs on Windows as a service. It's possible with only one-click-run applications and yes, ts does with server executable itself with parameters. You should just add it manually by registry or using any 3rd-party that could help you to add it like Firedaemon.

I don't think TS3 server/daemon itself supports service mode. If we try to add it by using 3rd-party applications or registry or even the service installation from TS3 itself(not now, maybe not available). Yes, it runs fine. But when you have to stop the service, it won't be a graceful shutdown, it will just kill or send an exit command to your process(better than kill, but only available for native supported service mode applications).

I think it's a good idea to have a background mode with System Tray icon left for foreground management like TS RC2 Server does.

I wonder if it would crash MySQL tables someday since I'm running my TS3 in a service mode by Firedaemon, will it? Because it's beta and I keep start/stop it and am sure I will always be doing it a lot because I love to play. Just wonder

Let's wait for full version, devs might add this feature for us by demand since lots of us are requesting for it.
    Ok, so I have done via firedeamon and it worked on XP.... will see if there will be any trouble with MySQL on shut down.

Thread Information