Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Channel Phonetic names not working correctly.

I see that beta 5 adds the phonetic name for channels in the channel edit area.
    It does not seem to work for me though along with how something is said.
    An example:

If you name a channel "BF2 Server #1" the voice says "bold face 2 server number one".
    If I use the phonetic area for the channel edit, it does nothing to change this.

Yes, I concur... just tested it myself for the first time. And funny you mention Boldface 2... cause we just made a BF2 channel and were giggling when we heard the TTS for it. LOL

Well it works fine for our server. You can't however hear the correct pronunciation unless you have Beta 5 Client installed but other than that everything pronounces itself correctly. I however haven't found a way to actually spell out the word which I'm probably missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Braeden1992 View Post
    Well it works fine for our server. You can't however hear the correct pronunciation unless you have Beta 5 Client installed but other than that everything pronounces itself correctly. I however haven't found a way to actually spell out the word which I'm probably missing something.
    No... we are talking about if you Right Click and go into Edit Channel and there is a Phonetic Name line that, if say your Channel is called HQ... you can set the Phonetic Name to say Head Quarters... but it doesnt work.

Have you tryed creating a new channel? On my server, adding phonetic names to existing channels doesn't work, too. But if I create a new (Sub-)Channel and give it a phonetic name, it works fine.

Channel Phonetics seem to be fixed in beta6... woot.

Now only if we can see the TTS fixed so we can actually hear Channel Phonetics all the time

Thread Information