Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Feature Requests] Phantoms and More Options

Having phantoms will be so much easier to listen to music in TS3 or just idle the lobby so we know to move people.

Another thing is we need more options like key binding options cause I user my mouse 3 button to talk but when I hit that button I get user information and its annoying.

Also have the comment by the name if the user wants it by their name and function to copy comment makes it faster to join game scrims or matches.

Love this! I wish Phantoms were added on teamspeak 3. i got a music bot running 24/7 and a phantom would be awesome to have Please add this before the end of beta!!
    Do any of the devs know if this is on the 2 DO List?

(REQUEST) Phantoms

I was wondering if its possible to add phantoms of some sort like ventrilo had. That was an AWESOME feature. Basically it allows you to listen into other channels by just adding a phantom. this would be helpfull to those teamspeak servers, where people are running music bots! Like me! So let me know if its something thats on your mind and post here!

We already provide a far more powerful feature than "Phantoms". Simply connect to the same server in a second tab. This way you're able to listen to two or more different channels and use all of TeamSpeak 3's features without limitations.

You can even stream music and talk to others with the same client application using capture and playback profiles if you have a second sound card or a software solution like Virtual Audio Cable.

Phantoms have been rejected already. We only offer a second tab to connect to a server.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Phantoms have been rejected already. We only offer a second tab to connect to a server.
    how ever, this option is very DUM and pointless, Might as well just listen to the bot on one client, Since connecting to another one, is only gonna keep one client (Mic Muted) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You know what makes the 'second' tab feature a failure when we're looking to use a Phantom, you have to mute yourself because you echo.. Can we now implicate a mod that automatically mutes per client connected with the same IP or Identity since TeamSpeak is so powerful? I don't wanna sound like an jerk or anything but this is one of my mostly liked features in other VoIP programs.

You guys are not getting it.... You can have the mic active on 2 tabs, I've done it often, you need more than one capture profile. To prevent echo you have the music bots tab's playback profile set to none.

It is very doable with the current system and works great, is more powerful than the options you want. It is just a little more work to setup, but worth it.

Also, you can already block by UID, its the block user option for the contact list... no need for a mod with it's been there for over a year in the base system.

There are two sides to music bots:

a) the person streaming the music
    b) the persons listening to the music

(a)
    To stream music the easiest way is probably to launch a separate TS3 client and to use the mixer to stream "what you hear". Better solutions are possible with the new client plugin sdk interface, allowing to stream music without altering your mixer (which would make it possible (and easy) to stream music and talk normally from the same computer), but as far as I know nobody has written music streaming plugins yet for this interface.

(b)
    To listen to music different scenarios are possible. You could just put the music bot in some music channel, then people have to join the channel to listen. You could also make the music bot whisper to all (or a subset) of clients, this way clients would always hear the music no matter which channel they join. If some client currently doesn't want any music playing he would mute the music bot. Also possible would be to make something like a dynamic whisper list by writing a small plugin, where you can subscribe and unsubscribe from the bots music (e.g. using text chat with the bot). You could also use server groups to subscribe and unsubscribe from the music stream, e.g. create a group "Listen to music", configure the bot to whisper to all members of the group "Listen to music", and give users the necessary permissions to add/remove themselves into/from the "Listen to music" group

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    We already provide a far more powerful feature than "Phantoms". Simply connect to the same server in a second tab. This way you're able to listen to two or more different channels and use all of TeamSpeak 3's features without limitations.

You can even stream music and talk to others with the same client application using capture and playback profiles if you have a second sound card or a software solution like Virtual Audio Cable.
    Problem with this is, currently tabbed servers is very flakey. I get constant TS3 freezes and disconnects when swapping tabs.

ok so i thought id bring this up, i found out what makes this option so very stupid, connecting a second time, Takes up a slot on ts server. I have several users on ts using that feature now and its dum because i have to upgrade to allow more users to listen to the music bot! (very very very VERY VERY stupid) So not having phantoms, and having users double client on the server is really dum, It takes up slots u know, Devs not know about this? Maybe reconsider adding phantoms in a later release, Or dont because u know i found a huge negative about (double coneccting to 1 ts)? Let me know what u think now

Lets pretend that phantoms actually got released right now and you can use them.

Phantoms still require the server to send packets to them and i also assume the phantom would occasional send packets to the server ( switching channels, 'heartbeat', and other things.) Therefore, this generates traffic mainly from the server sending the packets to the phantom. If you have several people with phantoms on your server listening to a music bot + the original client AND it only takes up 1 slot, this would cause some servers to be overloaded when they appear to be just fine. If a server can handle say 32 clients, and it has 32 clients plus a number of phantoms (who don't take up client spots) than you have a server that is laggy and you can't figure out why.

Than you have to consider things about hosting providers. Which is basically the same thing where people overuse their bandwidth. This would not be very fair to them.

An extra tab counts as a client because it uses up bandwidth. This is probably to protect YOU and server providers.

Also, Peter's suggestion would completely solve your problem anyway
    (b)
    To listen to music different scenarios are possible. You could just put the music bot in some music channel, then people have to join the channel to listen. You could also make the music bot whisper to all (or a subset) of clients, this way clients would always hear the music no matter which channel they join. If some client currently doesn't want any music playing he would mute the music bot. Also possible would be to make something like a dynamic whisper list by writing a small plugin, where you can subscribe and unsubscribe from the bots music (e.g. using text chat with the bot). You could also use server groups to subscribe and unsubscribe from the music stream, e.g. create a group "Listen to music", configure the bot to whisper to all members of the group "Listen to music", and give users the necessary permissions to add/remove themselves into/from the "Listen to music" group

Or you could just not use TS3 to stream music.. its a communication device... do you call 10 of your freinds and lay your phone next to a speaker as it plays you fav cd???

If you want to pretend to be a DJ atleast do something other then que up a list in winamp or media player. my mom can do that..

Learn to run a streamcast server.. you might learn something..

There is a very awesome way to do musicbots in ts3 that doesnt need phantoms, doesnt need to connect via 2 tabs (which is in itself a bad idea devs. what if you have a 20 user ts3 server and 11 ppl want to listen to a musicbot that way?).

Whisperlist/Server Group. Set your musicbot to a Server Group that anyone can join or leave (ie. turn on and off) and set a whisper list on the musicbot client to continuously whisper to that server group. Stick the musicbot in its own channel, you dont heven have to be in the same channel, just join the group to hear it, leave it to not.

Best, and most awesome way of utilizing a musicbot in any voip program ever imo. Now if the Devs would just streamline this feature a little for ease of use it would be amazing.

Thread Information