Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You can't restrict it with permissions, but you can resize it in your skin.
    all avatars bigger than 200 pixels will be resized.

Open the clientinfo.tpl (also clientinfo_xx.tpl) and then add the lines
    Code:
    %%AVATAR_MAX_WIDTH%%200
    %%AVATAR_MAX_HEIGHT%%200
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I was wondering if they is some where in the permissions where you are able to change the size.

Thanks
    Last edited by dante696; March 14th, 2015 at 10:36 AM. Reason: merged

Its Time to Update your system..

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    I'd like the avatars to be much smaller and thats why I'm scaling them down to 128x128 pixels in my client theme. 300x300 pixels is more than enough size for an avatar image and here's are some reasons for that:

1. I don't know a single popular forum, blog or social network that displays avatars larger than 300x300 pixels... most of them are even smaller. Sure, you can upload larger pictures, but they'll be scaled to an appropriate size. Even Gravatar does that.
    2. Large images will break the layout of the client infoframe and I don't want to maximize the window to see the entire image.
    3. The avatar is not intended to be used a "hey let me show you this picture real quick". I know people do that, but that doesn't make it right.

I could give more examples, but I think that's enough for now (plus I'm too lazy to write).

I'm aware that most people are like "OMG that girl has an avatar where you can see some cleavage" and that the image can't be big enough in those situations... but an avatar should be a rather small picture that makes it easier to recognize or identify a person. Use an external image hosting service or the file transfer feature to exchange pictures.

I Think its time to Update.. i Use a 42Inch tv Screen as my monitor.. with teamspeak snapped on one side... 300*300 is super small.....

[/QUOTE][*]I don't know a single popular forum, blog or social network that displays avatars larger than 300x300 pixels... most of them are even smaller. Sure, you can upload larger pictures, but they'll be scaled to an appropriate size. Even Gravatar does that.[/QUOTE]

I'll Give you One that has millions of players =) WorldofTanks.com.. Time to get out from under that rock.... http://wotlabs.net/na/player/tbonepwnge2 The forum signature image on this site for this game is just under 500 pixels by 100 pixels TS Makes is smaller because of your retro means of enabling users to use this means of a picture its so much harder to see.. thanks.

Thread Information