Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved [Implemented beta21] Client / Sub-Channel sort order

I requested this in a different thread, but it wasn't the main request made in that thread, so I'm making a new thread for this request specifically.

Is there a way to have the client names appear above the sub-channels when you join a parent channel? Or at least give us the option of where clients appear in the channel list?

Eg:

Parent Channel
    #CLIENT 1#
    #CLIENT 2#

--- Sub-Channel 1
    ----- #CLIENT 3#
    ----- #CLIENT 4#

-------- Sub-Channel 2
    ---------- #Client 5#

Thanks in advance.

I never understood why didn't they made it this way, but since this is the same since TS2 at least, we got used to it.

Its true that in that way it does make more sense tho

Well I'm trying to convert my gaming clan from Ventrilo which is costing us monthly, to TeamSpeak, which won't cost us. It's literally the last thing we pay for in our gaming clan.

In Ventrilo all the clients appear above any sub channels, and having them appear below is really confusing people, and it's one of their complaints.

Personally, I like it with the names above, seems more organized. This should at least be an option given to the end user.

/agree

I know TeamSpeak is trying to be different then other voice communciation client/servers out there however this is more common sense.

This has been an ongoing issue even in TS2 where users are in the parent channel, and there are multiple sub channels associated to them. Someone joins the server thinks they are in the last sub channel and joins that channel, to then realize he's talking to no one. Placing the users at the top would make more sense.

However what could make more sense is a parent channel should not accept users into its channel if it has a sub channel attached to it. This would force users to go into a subchannel directly. Parent channels are often more used for categorizing channels.

Keep up the good work DEV's. we'll just keep bringing in more ideas & suggestions

I don't entirely agree with that suggestion. I use some parent channels as "lobby" channels so to speak, with sub channels for specific gaming servers or events.

If you don't want people to join parent channels, just set higher permissoins on those channels so they can't join and that forces them to pick a sub-channel.

Yea, but if you want them to join the parent channel?

What would make more sense?

PARENT_CH
    -#user1
    -#user2
    -SUB_CH
    --#user3
    --#user4

or

PARENT_CH
    -SUB_CH
    --#user3
    --#user4
    -#user1
    -#user2

I'd say that the first is more easy to get, but maybe its just me (and a couple more users)

Any Dev's want to comment on this. Is this an option that would could have integrated?

bump... please dev's, at least make this an option.

Agreed! This would be more logical! Please alter that.

[ToDo] [UI SUGGESTION]Better Parent-subchannel-clients order listing

Hey,

Currently, connected clients end up UNDERNEITH the subchannels of the parent, if they are in the parent. This is highly illogical from a UI standpoint and I'd love to see an option on server side to change this, if not a hardcoded change.

Regards,

Lexion

This is requested as optional setting, but low priority.

Hats off to ya, thanks. I understand that actual bugs are top priority and I'm just happy to be able to use this wonderful software. Any info on if this will be server side? That would be great as informing 100 members would be quite the hassle.

The few people I had testing TS3 with me, all of them brought this up. It's not a showstopper kinda thing but it does make things much more confusing that necessary.

I agree, I have to keep reminding myself that people in the sub-channels will be indented a little more.

Teamspeak Channel Display

When going into a sub-channel with other sub-channels displays my name in a strange area. Shouldn't it be just under the channel I'm in? By the look of the picture, you would think I'm in the bottom channel. Just wondering why its displayed that way

(Teamspeak 3)

(Ventrilo)

Thread Information