Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    So whats the command to i move it to root? chown ?

Quote Originally Posted by KoldFusion View Post
    Im going to be making a new video soon for the new install. Not much had changed but things have gotten more stream lined.
    is this new video out? I'm still using the one from Dec 2009

Could you also quickly cover in the new video how to update the server when new code levels come out? Also, it would be great if you showed us a video install and upgrade of a web admin. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cali_guy_0024 View Post
    is this new video out? I'm still using the one from Dec 2009
    I currently do not have a shell account or a Linux (CentOS 4.8) remote server.

So making a new video would be a little hard at the moment.

Hi first of all thx for the tutorial

I accidentally deleted the serveradmin in the servergroups now i cannot us the token anymore it says i can only use it once what can i do now??

im having a nightmare setting up ts on my vps im totally new to vps would gladly appreciate some help with this plz 3 days ive been at it

Quote Originally Posted by KoldFusion View Post
    I currently do not have a shell account or a Linux (CentOS 4.8) remote server.

So making a new video would be a little hard at the moment.
    Hey KoldFusion, I own a server thats running CentOS 5.5 and would be glad to let you use it to make a new video. Not sure if you have been active lately but if you are send me a PM and we can talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMinz View Post
    Yes it is true that the NPL license wont work without a connection to the licensing server.
    The only way around this connection is using a special offline license provided for lan parties or the likes. You will have to ask one from the TS Team or the Triton support how to acquire one of these. I dont know whether or not those licenses are only valid for a limited period of time though.

If you run the server without a license you will be restricted to 1 virtual server and a slotlimit of 32 clients.
    hi i have a strange problem with that i have a windows xp machine behind a ipcop firewall connected to a modem in bridge mode now i forward the ip's for teasmspeak and not the 2008 tcp connection the key worked but on the linux machine i am building to replace the windows ts server i get that problem as well so my question is this why does it work on a windows machine with 512 slots and not on linux server?
    sure i will forward that tcp port on the firewall but i would like to know why.
    thank you for your help guys.

hey Koldfusion

Im trying to install TS3 to my VPS and im having some trouble accessing to the FTP as IDK how so if u could let me know what ill have to do or get and install it to my VPS that would be great

Is this video relevant anymore? I got my server working and I am following the steps in the video and received this error when attempting to run the first serverquery command
    Code:
    error id=0 msg=ok  (8 ms)
    error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=17306  (19 ms)
    Total: 27 ms

Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    Is this video relevant anymore? I got my server working and I am following the steps in the video and received this error when attempting to run the first serverquery command
    Not really. This video is outdated.

Look:
    [email protected]:/teamspeak3-server_linux-x86#
    [email protected]:/teamspeak3-server_linux-x86# ls
    CHANGELOG libts3db_mysql.so sql ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh
    LICENSE libts3db_sqlite3.so ts3server.ini ts3server_startscript.sh
    doc serverquerydocs ts3server_linux_x86 tsdns
    [email protected]:/teamspeak3-server_linux-x86#
    [email protected]:/teamspeak3-server_linux-x86# ./ts3server_linux_x86 infile=ts3server.ini
    -bash: ./ts3server_linux_x86: No such file or directory
    I Writed this and i press enter but dont work

Why is this thread still sticky if there is a big warning from the Mod not to use this method any more. surely an up to date set of instructions should be stickied. I'd happily write them if I knew what the hell I was doing, but unfortunatly I don't.

I am trying to work out the most sensible way to start the server automatically on Fedora 16, using the most standard approach I can.

The primary information I am missing is:
    1. Where should I put the extracted files.
    2. How do I call the service using a systemd ts3server.service file.

Cool

Sorry, but I could also not find how to autostart TS3 on Fedora 16. That is: not under the new systemd architecture.

Yesterday I created a teamspeak3.services file that seems to work OK using the simple start script that comes with ts3_x86.

I will create a message on the forum THIS week, explaining what to do. I need to do some more testing first.

I installed this a year ago, got it working by looking at the vid. My token is gone, aparently i didnt save it anywhere logic, as ive been searching my ass off for it. Suddenly im not SA anymore on my server and i want to uninstall it.

Im lost on how to get this done. Ive been able to telnet to my server but i cant find the folder, and i guess i have to edit some startup i made as the TS3 auto starts with the server.

Any help apreciated!

Thread Information