Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Linux server pasword, not sing MySQL

I'm kind of lost in the fog here. I have no intention of using MySQL. My server is for 6 people, we have basic needs and the admin (me) has basic skills. All I want to do is password the server but I cant figure out how to do this with out using MySQL (apparently required for such protection). If this is not the case, please point me in the right direction. The documentation is a little weak on the matter. A person still has to know my IP in order to join, but I still would like to be able to control entry with a PW.

Found out how by dumb luck. Where is this documented?

what you mean?
    Do you mean, how to find a doc file?

Hi,

if you are server admin do an right click on the server name over your ts client, then properties and then click more.

Now you can change everything on your server also set a server pw.

Regards
    Cheech

@Cheech

I know that now, thank you. Why is this not documented somewhere. If it is, why is it so difficult to locate?

@Grex

I know where the server documentation is. I am bright enough (just barely) to look for folders with documents in them. The server documentation is thinner than an Olsen twin and says nothing about this (that I can find).

I understand that TS3 is beta and that there is much to do before final release but documentation should at least be adequate enough to survive. Maybe they are waiting to get all the answers published in the forum and will utilize that to make the manuals. Not a terrible idea, really. Saves input time provided the quality of the answers is up to snuff.
    Last edited by lawndart; December 24th, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

Thread Information