Forum

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MoxNox. No, the script I posted can only be used to and from the version it is designed for. What it won't do however is alter any default values that YOU have changed. If there were additions between the version the script was designed for and the version you have, then you would end up with duplicate rows or perhaps invalid attempts to remove records and it would quite possibly corrupt your DB. You should instead produce a separate script using the procedure I described. It is important to make sure you keep the zip files for each release in it's initial form to ensure you can generate the needed scripts.

Server 11 to 15

Note, this script is not as clean as my previous one, but I was unsure of what some of the records being moved around did, so I did not clean up records that may no longer be necessary. This should create all new records though. Also note that the server exe itself will apply a schema structure update for version 12 when you first launch it against a v12 or later server exe.

Code:
    insert into instance_properties (server_id, id, ident, value) values (0, 0, "serverinstance_template_serverdefault_group", "5");
    insert into instance_properties (server_id, id, ident, value) values (0, 0, "serverinstance_template_channeladmin_group", "1");
    insert into instance_properties (server_id, id, ident, value) values (0, 0, "serverinstance_template_channeldefault_group", "4");
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_custom_search", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_min_client_version", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_custom_search", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_min_client_version", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_channel_info_view", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_client_info_view", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_channel_list", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_channel_search", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_client_list", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_client_search", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_custom_search", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_info_view", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_min_client_version", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_min_client_version", 75, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 4, 0, "b_channel_info_view", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 4, 0, "b_client_info_view", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 4, 0, "b_virtualserver_channel_list", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 4, 0, "b_virtualserver_client_list", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 4, 0, "b_virtualserver_info_view", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 5, 0, "b_channel_info_view", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 5, 0, "b_client_info_view", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 5, 0, "b_virtualserver_channel_list", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 5, 0, "b_virtualserver_client_list", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 5, 0, "b_virtualserver_info_view", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_custom_search", 75, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_info_view", 75, 0, 0);

UPDATE perm_server_group SET perm_value = 75 where server_id=0 and id1 = 3 and id2 = 0 and perm_id = "i_needed_modify_power_channel_info_view" and perm_value = 100 and perm_negated = 0 and perm_skip = 0;
    UPDATE perm_server_group SET perm_value = 75 where server_id=0 and id1 = 3 and id2 = 0 and perm_id = "i_needed_modify_power_client_info_view" and perm_value = 100 and perm_negated = 0 and perm_skip = 0;
    UPDATE perm_server_group SET perm_value = 75 where server_id=0 and id1 = 3 and id2 = 0 and perm_id = "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_channel_list" and perm_value = 100 and perm_negated = 0 and perm_skip = 0;
    UPDATE perm_server_group SET perm_value = 75 where server_id=0 and id1 = 3 and id2 = 0 and perm_id = "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_client_list" and perm_value = 100 and perm_negated = 0 and perm_skip = 0;
    UPDATE perm_server_group SET perm_value = 75 where server_id=0 and id1 = 3 and id2 = 0 and perm_id = "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_client_search" and perm_value = 100 and perm_negated = 0 and perm_skip = 0;

These were the release 2 changes, right?

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_c ommand", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_c ommand", 75, 0, 0);

At least that was what I thought so far, but I saw this post the other day:

You will also need to update the permissions for any existing virtual servers (if you want them to be able to use the new permissions). Basically, the below will grant the group with a group_id of 6 (which should be the group_id of the server admin group for the first virtual server) the permissions that would've been granted by default had you started with a fresh beta2 install.

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 6, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 6, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_c ommand", 75, 0, 0);

Re your 11 to 15 script, this was written by ralf (TS dev) in the r15 announcement thread:

the server updates automatically, this sql statements are only needed to get access to the new permissions:

these are the command to update your database:

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_min_client_version", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_min_cl ient_version", 100, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_min_client_version", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_min_cl ient_version", 75, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_custom_search", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_custom_search ", 100, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_custom_search", 1, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_custom_search ", 75, 0, 0);

Updating from beta 12 to beta 16
    Would there be something I have to do other than overwriting the existing files?
    I am using mySQL.

I just overwrite the files from beta12 to beta16. now the server wont start. i get following error.

teamspeak]$ -bash: ./ts3server_linux_x86: cannot execute binary file

Running 32bit Linux

Any help available?

Quote Originally Posted by MoXNoX View Post
    Re your 11 to 15 script, this was written by ralf (TS dev) in the r15 announcement thread:

the server updates automatically, this sql statements are only needed to get access to the new permissions:

these are the command to update your database:

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_min_cl ient_version", 100, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_min_cl ient_version", 75, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_custom_search ", 100, 0, 0);

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_custom_search ", 75, 0, 0);
    So this is all that's needed when going from 11,12-16? Not all the code posted by AJH16 above?

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
    Updating from beta 12 to beta 16
    Would there be something I have to do other than overwriting the existing files?
    I am using mySQL.
    Yes. You need to read the post right above yours Or the tutorial linked in the very first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennybags View Post
    So this is all that's needed when going from 11,12-16? Not all the code posted by AJH16 above?
    I think so, but no knows for sure

Is there any way someone can post an SQL update for upgrading from Beta 6 to Beta 16? Need to upgrade my server, and I have NO idea what changes were made from 6 to 16.

Thanks,
    Jared

Quote Originally Posted by JaredC01 View Post
    Is there any way someone can post an SQL update for upgrading from Beta 6 to Beta 16? Need to upgrade my server, and I have NO idea what changes were made from 6 to 16.

See post #34.

Beta 17 is out, can you help us

EDIT : my bad, tuto has been updated : http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ae...TI5ZmNnZzN3YzI

What I am wondering is why the hell this has to be such a complicated process?

Why is there not just a built in auto update feature?

I'm just some dude hosting a server for some friends to chat on. I can't afford to bust my ass trying to figure this crap out...

I guess they figured the less user friendly they make it the more people will just go buy paid hosted servers...

Quote Originally Posted by Rbeuque74 View Post
    Beta 17 is out, can you help us

EDIT : my bad, tuto has been updated : http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ae...TI5ZmNnZzN3YzI
    I've updated it again, as it turns out two of the SQL query lines were not needed. I used strikethrough to label them.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake3035 View Post
    What I am wondering is why the hell this has to be such a complicated process?
    Why is there not just a built in auto update feature?
    I'm just some dude hosting a server for some friends to chat on. I can't afford to bust my ass trying to figure this crap out...
    I guess they figured the less user friendly they make it the more people will just go buy paid hosted servers...
    Yeah, it's really irritating. I could live with it though for the early stage of the publice beta, if the TS devs would at least provide the exact database upgrade instructions. But they just don't. The info in the tutorial is from community members, who have the SQL knowledge to figure out the necessary commands themselves. Which at some times of course led to contradictory SQL commands

Thread Information