Forum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Finally I got some response from the TS team. It got me quite confused, as it seems that all these db inserts are not necessary at all. I'll try to get some more info on this.

Peter said:

"No, there is nothing automatic nor necessary about these db inserts. Only when you use an old database your user permissions will logically not contain any newly added permissions, messing around with your permission system is a no go for us, since YOU configured it like this and we can NOT figure out if you want us to add new rights, to which groups to add them and with which values.
    Basically those inserts are saying: if you did not do a lot of editing of the permissions system, and you wish your server to remain close to the "standard permission" setup, use these queries to do that."

Thanks for the info here fellas.

Got a question tho, what if, like me, your not using a database to connect to...?

How can I update our server without deleting whats already set up?

Were running linux 32 bit, no database at all, basic licence....

teamspeak3-server_linux-x86-3.0.0-beta16

Can I just FTP the new release and "over-write" the current files on my server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post

Got a question tho, what if, like me, your not using a database to connect to...?

Floyd.
    This is basically the extent of what I did and it seems to work okay.
    I just downloaded the new file, extracted it to the same location, and hit Yes to All for the replacement of files.

Thankfully everything is still as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    Floyd.
    Uhm, everyone is using a database. In your case it's an SQLite database, and it's a single file in your server folder called ts3server.sqlitedb. You'll be ok with a simple overwrite though.

From Peter, a TS dev:

[If] We added a new permission, since the permission system on TS3 is very flexible we have no idea which groups you might want to grant this permission (if any), so we can not grant it to any groups. This of course may lead to a feature being inaccessible even to your highest tier groups, but in the past the new permissions all dealt with specialities that I never needed or wanted to use. We cannot run inserts like the second post in this thread suggests simply because we do not know which group should get which permissions. Sure we know how it should be for our default permission setup, but your setup can differ greatly.
    IF (and I suggest only if) you require one of the new permissions, you need to manually grant it to the group you want to have it (e.g. via a db insert). 95% (wild guess) of all users can upgrade from beta1 to beta17 without a single manual database edit, just copying the database over and starting, since you don't ever use any of the newly added special features you won't ever notice that YOUR server admin does not have the permission to do so.

Hey guys

I am getting a message when logging to my server about it being outdated, how do I update it? With a database?

If it's your Server download the newest Server Version of the OS to use as Server.

If you paid it send a Message with it to your Server provider.

So just download the beta 17 server.exe for windows7?

MoXNoX, SolidSnake3035,

Many thanks for your help and reply.

I know what saying and your correct about me "actually" using a database, I just meant that I am not connecting to a separate mysql or simular db.

So if I just litterally ( back up just incase first ) FTP the updated version of the server and overwrite ALL files, it will still keep intack my database....?

From what I can make out and "assume" the database file is created on the "initial start" of the server from the very beginning, and not included in the download. So a simple upload of the server files is all that is needed? If I re-start the server it should NOT create a new database....

/ Im just making sure.

Thanks

Floyd.

You can edit your replies, you know

The server download doesn't include a database. So if you overwrite an older release, the database won't be overwritten.

Uhmm, why was this thread moved to Windows, when it's an absolutely multiplatform thread? Who can I contact to move it back as I didn't receive any notice about this?

Quote Originally Posted by MoXNoX View Post
    The server download doesn't include a database. So if you overwrite an older release, the database won't be overwritten.
    Yes, I know mate

But what I dont want it to do, is create a new "blank" database which is what happens when you first start the server for the very first time. I just wanted to make sure it doesnt do that. It appears, that if the database file doesnt exist, it creates it, and lists the key and admin password, however, from what I have read here and seem to "assume" is that it wont create a new database and key when I start the server again, if a database does exist.

Im just checking thats all, before I do it.

Floyd.

So I am really confused at what is being posted here...
    Do we need to run the query to add it or is it automatically added now?

Just to follow up on my issue, if anyone can help it would be great.

( im trying to update my install from teamspeak3-server_linux-x86-3.0.0-beta16 to teamspeak3-server_linux-x86-3.0.0-beta17

As per my other posts, im not using mysql, in just using the sqllite.

Ive added in COMMANDLINE_PARAMETERS="inifile=ts3server.ini" to the ts3server_startscript.sh file. The server starts ok, but I get this in the logs : ( btw, thsi is on a server at home im testing it on )

Code:
    2010-02-07 10:06:17.432948|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | Server Version: 3.0.0-beta17 [Build: 10115]
    2010-02-07 10:06:17.433162|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin name:    SQLite3 plugin, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2010-02-07 10:06:17.433193|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin version: 3.6.21
    2010-02-07 10:06:17.433426|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | checking database integrity (may take a while)
    2010-02-07 10:06:17.446524|INFO    |SQL           |   | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-02-07 10:06:17.492399|WARNING |Accounting    |   | Unable to find valid license key, falling back to limited functionality
    2010-02-07 10:06:17.514586|INFO    |FileManager   |   | listening on 192.168.0.64:30033
    2010-02-07 10:06:17.515193|WARNING |VirtualSvrMgr |   | no VirtualServer matches supplied machine_id(127.0.0.1)
    2010-02-07 10:06:17.515537|INFO    |Query         |   | whitelist ips: 127.0.0.1, 
    2010-02-07 10:06:17.516127|INFO    |Query         |   | listening on 192.168.0.64:10011
    It doesnt appear to have kept or find my original virtual server and although its running, I cannot connect to it.

If I delete the ts3server.sqlitedb and restart the server, I connect fine. ( although its a blank new server, with new token etc... so its kind of pointless ).

All I have done, is overwrite the new files in the rar for beta17 over the top of my original install.

I cant quite work out what the problem is.

If I revert back to a backup ive made of beta16, and start the server, its fine, but obviously on a old version.

Is there something us chaps need to do to "update" the database of some sort so it works with beta17 ????

The only option I can see, is re-building a new server again with having to do all the virtual server set up...

Ive got the same problem on a remote server on Cent, and I dont want to have to do a rebuild on that after setting up all our users etc...

Here is my ini...

Code:
    machine_id=127.0.0.1
    default_voice_port=9987
    voice_ip=192.168.0.64
    filetransfer_port=30033
    filetransfer_ip=192.168.0.64
    query_port=10011
    query_ip=192.168.0.64
    logpath=logs
    logquerycommands=1
    Any help fellas, would be terrific.