Forum

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Added a step by step example on how to grant permissions to a server admin group via server query.

Overwrite my server with the new files, then renamed the database file and restarted the server.
    Still not able to access the icons option.
    Every ServerQuery command like:

servergroupaddperm sgid=2 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_group_icon_manage permvalue=100 permnegated=0 permskip=0

ends up with a message like this: error id=1539 msg=parameter\snot\sfound

What could be wrong and how to solve it Thx

The problem is that you should read more carefully It is mentioned not once, but twice towards the end of the tutorial

"For [database upgrade via server query ] to work, you have to have added the permission_modify_power_ignore permission SQL insert from beta 17 to your server query group."

I did that already, and bit strange that u need to do it when u create a new database with the beta 18.
    Still gives me the error.

Ah, ok, it's me that should have read more carefully You're right, with a new database that should no be an issue. Ok, paste here the exact server query responses from the very beginning.

Its a little bit difficult to understand the grant permissions thing and hard to see what is changing the last versions.

Is there no way that a new created group get automatically the new permissions and the admin has then to decide activate or deactivate? I think its easier to make a new group with the ts client menu and move the member from old to new group.

Is the new updates (19 and 20th release) need to update the database?

So, if I understand this correctly, if we update our version 16 server with the latest version, the ONLY problem will be that the server admins won't have the new permissions that were added with the newest beta?

Channel layouts, server and channel groups and individual permissions will all remain unchanged?

Quote Originally Posted by Rbeuque74 View Post
    Is the new updates (19 and 20th release) need to update the database?
    According to the tutorial and release notes and the devs on this forum, no

Quote Originally Posted by Salah ad Din View Post
    So, if I understand this correctly, if we update our version 16 server with the latest version, the ONLY problem will be that the server admins won't have the new permissions that were added with the newest beta?

Channel layouts, server and channel groups and individual permissions will all remain unchanged?
    That's correct basically for all versions.

Is it normal that with my update 20, i can't set an server icon ? (but i can set icon for group and channel )

PS : update 21 is released !

[EDIT : problem found : servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=b_virtualserver_modify_icon_id permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0 ] (Rbeuque74)

if i dont update SQL database TS3 not correctly work? and how update SQL database if i change my server version 18 to 21
    18 - 20 - 21? or just 18-21?
    how update if use linux...sqlman not useable

Maybe someone has the answer for this. So, so let's say I want to give the default server admin group the right to modify its own description. The query line to exectute would be this:

servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=b_client_modify_own_description permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0

Then I'd have to repeat this step for all other server groups that I want to have the right to change its own permission. That's straightforward.

However, b_client_modify_own_description doesn't have a i_ grant permission.
    So how do I grant the right to let's say sgid 6 to change this permission for all the other server groups? Am I stuck with adding b_permission_modify_power_ignore to sgid 6?

Quote Originally Posted by LeXiKoN View Post
    if i dont update SQL database TS3 not correctly work? and how update SQL database if i change my server version 18 to 21
    18 - 20 - 21? or just 18-21?
    how update if use linux...sqlman not useable
    Just telnet to port 10011 and use server query instead of database editing. More information in the guide linked in the first post. Your server will work correctly if you just overwrite 18 straight with beta 21 files, you just won't have the new permissions given until you set them.

thanks MoXNoX

Guide updated with database instructions for beta 21.

Thread Information