Forum

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Just a bump, as version 22 doesn't need database modifications. Also added how to grant the rights for modifying own description via i_needed_modify_power_client_modify_own_descriptio n to beta 21.
    Last edited by MoXNoX; April 14th, 2010 at 01:49 PM.

thanks. working now

We also can add :

Code:
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=5 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=5                (CA)
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=6 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=6                 (Op)
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=7 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=7                 (V)
    channelgroupaddperm cgid=8 permsid=i_group_auto_update_type permvalue=8                 (Guest)

Wouldn't it be possible to make some auto-update feature? It's just crazy that we have to update everything manually every time. I don't really mind shutting down the server and copying in the new files, but the database updates are really annoying. Isn't it possible to just make a 'one click' solution to update the database files to the latest version?

It's not possible, because TS doesn't know how people edited their groups from the defaults. But check the new autoupdate feature in the beta 22 release notes and some examples in the tutorial's beta 22 server query section.

In case you missed this post about release #23. Quite handy.

Quote Originally Posted by MoXNoX View Post
    It's not possible, because TS doesn't know how people edited their groups from the defaults. But check the new autoupdate feature in the beta 22 release notes and some examples in the tutorial's beta 22 server query section.
    Just as a point of reference, as others have shown, it's possible to create simple (dead-simple) scripts to compare group permissions. Meaning, yeah, they could, but I'd rather they focused on the actual application itself.

Updating may seem like a hassle, but ultimately it prevents issues down the road.

Thread Information